Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2007, 17:56   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

As Seen On Blackburn Road

I was walking towards town along Blackburn Rd today about 2.00 o'clock (p.m.), when I spied a rather large camper van parked half on the pavement and straddling the double yellows, nothing unusual about that it happens every day. Today however was slightly different because the gentleman in charge of it had finished whatever business he had been blocking the rest of the traffic for and was desperately looking in his wing mirror for a gap so he could continue on his way.

A car slowed down, flashed it's lights to indicate he could go, he put his arm out of his window to thank the other driver, continued to gun his engine, turned the steering wheel without looking forward and ran into a lamp-post! The surprise and embarrassment on his face made me regret the fact that I don't carry a camera 24/7.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-06-2007, 18:35   #2
Len
God Member

Re: As Seen On Blackburn Road

It always has to happen when someone is watching, poor sod.

Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 19:20   #3
Senior Member+

HAHA

wish i'd seen this
Old 27-06-2007, 20:39   #4
Resident Waffler

I wish I could have seen that.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 21:48   #5
Resting in Peace

Sometimes Less, I despair of your sanity How could you laugh at other people's downfalls!?! Need taking in hand, and Willow ? such a religious soul ?? .. his damage will amount to more than a stolen plant !!

Wicked the pair of you .. (Mmmmm .. Am I losing my sense of humour ?)
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 21:52   #6
Resident Waffler

I don't suppose he did a lot of damage as he was only just pulling away. If he'd had a full speed headlong crash into a lamp post I would have posted a more sober response. Kind of poetic justice in a way for parking on a pavement. Didn't somebody report it happening in Peel Street a little while ago with one of the bollards.

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 27-06-2007 at 21:55.
Old 27-06-2007, 22:58   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Kind of poetic justice in a way for parking on a pavement. Didn't somebody report it happening in Peel Street a little while ago with one of the bollards.
So, parking on a double yellow warrants a 'titter' for him smashing his car into the lampost ? Some punishments do fit the crime, just thought this a little harsh that's all.
Old 27-06-2007, 23:03   #8
Resident Waffler

AAw Katex did Less say "smash" ? Did he indicate big tragic nasty accident?

Parking on the pavement is not only wrong it is dangerous and it would have been far far worse if he'd run over a child through not looking what he was doing.

Old 27-06-2007, 23:21   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

not harsh at all,bloody hilarious.
Old 27-06-2007, 23:22   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
AAw Katex did Less say "smash" ? Did he indicate big tragic nasty accident?

Parking on the pavement is not only wrong it is dangerous and it would have been far far worse if he'd run over a child through not looking what he was doing.
Ok ... 'prang' then. You have a clever way with words Willow; throwing in a Red Herring and diverting a comment into an entirely different dimension is your uttermost talent.

Will throw in the towel and laugh my head off at this guy's predicament, after all we are whiter than white when it comes to parking in illegal spots aren't we ?
Old 27-06-2007, 23:23   #11
Resident Waffler

Nah must be harsh Cashy. I'm a cantakerous, argumentative old biddy with a nasty evil streak.

Old 27-06-2007, 23:28   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Nah must be harsh Cashy. I'm a cantakerous, argumentative old biddy with a nasty evil streak.
you stealing my credentials?
Old 28-06-2007, 00:37   #13
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Sometimes Less, I despair of your sanity How could you laugh at other people's downfalls!?! Need taking in hand, and Willow ? such a religious soul ?? .. his damage will amount to more than a stolen plant !!

Wicked the pair of you .. (Mmmmm .. Am I losing my sense of humour ?)
Yes, you are losing your sense of humour, he was only crawling forward and caused no damage to himself or the lamp-post. He had caused the congestion that he was trying to drive into, if he had parked on one of the side streets this wouldn't have happened.

(Take more Gin in it!).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2007, 06:20   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes, you are losing your sense of humour, he was only crawling forward and caused no damage to himself or the lamp-post. He had caused the congestion that he was trying to drive into, if he had parked on one of the side streets this wouldn't have happened.

(Take more Gin in it!).
Ok ,, fair comment, have noticed a decline in my smiles lately (by the way Bacardi Less .. should know that by now !)

Just that I never find You've Been Framed funny sometimes when people fall etc .. know they haven't hurt themselves, but makes me suck air at the time.
Old 28-06-2007, 06:22   #15

just rewards i say .nothing more anoying when pushing a pram or wheel chair and you have to go in the road or cross over because sellfish lazey drivers park on pavement,not botherd so much about yellow lines some times i have parked on them to pick heavey objects up.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..