Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2007, 15:55   #61
I am Banned

Re: Asbestos

Pic 1 the kichen partition taken of & asbestos
Pic 2 the bathroom cupboard bottom
Pic 3 the bathroom cupboard top
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 26-04-07_1555.JPG (141.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 26-04-07_1556.JPG (124.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 26-04-07_1557.JPG (120.5 KB, 17 views)
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-04-2007, 18:18   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Pic 1 the kichen partition taken of & asbestos
Pic 2 the bathroom cupboard bottom
Pic 3 the bathroom cupboard top
Hope they fix the mess they made.

As for that still there som No More Nails and 3 mil ply should do the trick.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 19:20   #63

hows ur stairs accymel? ours are cracked and thayve had to make a frame to hold it up how long it will last i dont kno
carl hurles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 20:20   #64

look at room and seel worke men in untill they have got pannels down then they can exit .if you left window open you risk spreding all over you dont want any drafts at all.if they dont brake pannels no risk .dont forget any pannels they are removing damp down first this will decrease any dust .i worked for a recycling company for two years this is good practice.main thing to remember is that tiny contact is not harmfull working all the time with it is. that is why any one who knows what they are doing will take all precortions possible when pannels sre removed they should vacume up the area with a vacume that does not let any air loss hope this helps but dont worry u will be fine.
Old 26-04-2007, 21:43   #65
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl hurles View Post
hows ur stairs accymel? ours are cracked and thayve had to make a frame to hold it up how long it will last i dont kno
A bit nervous of them, they have put 2 support timber to support the mini landing altho from the stairs u can see thro to kitchen thro the slit between plaster board & skirting boards, so was it u i heard then with the wobbly stair landing about last friday?? LOL Hopefuly im sure the inspector is coming tommoz to check them, had to warn the kids for not playing or jumping up & down the stairs just so not to tempt fate.

Just tested the bath out as well as its only 2 walls now, no movement so thats fine

Mind u walls sockets on the fridge side dont work altho worked fine till they plugged transformer in tho not their fault it didnt blow fuses or owt, but think its a problem that started when they took the econ 7 out, which has now knocked the circuit off when these guys tried to start, so got the electrican coming 1st thing.
Old 26-04-2007, 21:49   #66
God Member

Waves of sympathy heading your way from me, Mel
I was whacked just getting the new heating in - what you have had today is a nightmare by comparison - rest up and let the mess lie for a day or two.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 21:53   #67
I am Banned

Thanks Margaret, seems one thing to another, wonder what problem there is with the electrics in kitchen whether they are going to make more mess tommoz, then in 3 weeks or so time we got the big job of kitchen to be fitted & old taken out then the bathroom & then after that the re wire. Be easier to knock down & rebuild the house as Jack made a hash of it to start with
Old 26-04-2007, 21:56   #68
God Member

That is all too much mess in a short time - you could reasonably ask for several weeks breathing space between jobs
Old 26-04-2007, 21:59   #69
I am Banned

Would prefer to get it over with, as todays jobs look unsightly, least then i can have a reasonably nice home once they've finished then hopefully relax & enjoy eventually LOL
Old 26-04-2007, 22:02   #70
God Member

It is more than I could cope within that short time scale. If you reach the end of your tether at any time- just ask for next job to wait while you rest up
Old 26-04-2007, 22:07   #71
I am Banned

Yeh sure will, altho i wonder if they will pay for a health farm for a couple of days pampering while they do the house up probably not but nowt wrong with wishful thinking or dreams hehehehehehe
Old 26-04-2007, 22:21   #72
God Member

Well today hasnt spoilt that wonderful sense of humour - good for you - if anyone can cope with it you can!!

Last edited by MargaretR; 26-04-2007 at 22:23.
Old 26-04-2007, 23:57   #73

well for us thay came the day befor you and the stairs arnt safe as the wooden beam things thay tried to make is craced and so is the top corner of the stairs so its only a matter of time befor we go ouch and the bathroom well its a bit like urs bare lol
carl hurles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 11:13   #74
I am Banned

Has the inspector overseeing this had a look at it Carl?? When have they booked u having your kitchen & bathroon done?? Ive got another 3 weeks approx or so to wait for mine & put up with it like it is

Still waiting for the sparkie, just rang HH to find out if he's lost and as per typical - their systems are down & crashed again
Old 27-04-2007, 11:16   #75
I am Banned

HH has just got abck to me with systems sorted, the electrician is booked for the afternoon not the morning as was told [you have to laugh & least they admitted their error lol] luckily in anyways but least he ain't missing hehehehehe

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..