Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2008, 21:59   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Asda petrol?

but why?? is it cos of taxi drivers? cos their not all asian you know............

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-07-2008, 22:42   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
but why?? is it cos of taxi drivers? cos their not all asian you know............

if it had been for taxi drivers it would have said taxi drivers only like the other stations had

this particular owner was been very clear that he didnt want white people getting petrol at his station, his understanding of english couldnt be to blame either because he owned a petrol station and was a buisness man for gods sake

no whites is exactly what was meant and i have no doubts that it was as i saw whites been refused petrol because they wernt switching the pumps on for them when they pulled up at the pumps yet asian boy racers had no trouble getting their fuel there

funny how reverse racism never gets the press it deserves because if a station put no blacks it would have been on the 10 o'clock news

anyway i think its a new owner now but yep it happened and nothing was done

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 00:49   #18
Senior Member+

i remember the blackburn rd one had taxi's/public vehicles only as in buses etc

but i'm just surprised they do - on fri's sat and sundays the parking is a nightmare as it is - unless they're gonna build it on the huge garden thing on the right as u drive in...
Old 15-07-2008, 15:28   #19
God Member

they could fill in the resivoir next to asda and build a petrol station there

why should such an amount of space be reserved for a small handfull of people whos idea of fun is sitting in the cold for hours hunting fish,it may well be a nice spot but unless shared by everyone like it used to be and should be its pointless having it so fill it in and make better use of the land

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 15-07-2008, 15:34   #20
Senior Member+

i still think we shud fill the lake up and build a go-karting track.

or a thunder-dome
Old 15-07-2008, 16:47   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
i still think we shud fill the lake up and build a go-karting track.

or a thunder-dome
a much better use infact the petrol station could be used to fill up the carts

lets face it anything would be a better use for that land than it been wasted on a handfull of sados with sticks with worms on the end of hooks

Old 15-07-2008, 17:47   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Also think Asda might struggle because of the B.P garage.
Think they have tried before and been turned down.
Agree the competiton would be good for the prices though.
The reason they were turned down in the first application was due to access ... considered would 'cause congestion. Only four pumps.

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...11_07_0250.pdf

Did submit a revised plan in March .... but can't see if accepted or not ... H.B.C KEEP UP ON YOUR WEBSITE PLEASE !!!

Looks like, as Panther has said, could be a third application, but not showing up yet. Think Asda will get there eventually.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 23:12   #23
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
The reason they were turned down in the first application was due to access ... considered would 'cause congestion. Only four pumps.

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...11_07_0250.pdf

Did submit a revised plan in March .... but can't see if accepted or not ... H.B.C KEEP UP ON YOUR WEBSITE PLEASE !!!

Looks like, as Panther has said, could be a third application, but not showing up yet. Think Asda will get there eventually.
If they were turned down because of access in the first place why would it be any different now?
I'm not against it just wondering!
Old 15-07-2008, 23:50   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
If they were turned down because of access in the first place why would it be any different now?
I'm not against it just wondering!
They've altered the access and the layout.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 00:09   #25
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
They've altered the access and the layout.
Ah!
Didn't realise,i'm not very observant i'm afraid!
Old 16-07-2008, 00:29   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

acess is still crap though, all they done really was alter the route around the carpark, whoever planned that layout is obviously related to "Ray Charles".
Old 16-07-2008, 01:09   #27
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
acess is still crap though, all they done really was alter the route around the carpark, whoever planned that layout is obviously related to "Ray Charles".
So the old access problems could still scupper their plans then?
Old 22-07-2008, 10:54   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Bosses of the town’s Asda store have re-submitted their application to build an unmanned petrol station just weeks after Tesco were given the go-ahead to build a superstore in eagle street.
The petrol station will be a “fully automated” version where drivers pay for petrol themselves using credit or debit cards, eliminating the need for on-site staff.

I wonder if tesco will put a petrol station in their new shop

Speaking of Tesco, it looks like they have put planning permission in again for the shop in ossy, where the old fire station used to be!

Both applications passed by the council last night.
Old 22-07-2008, 12:30   #29
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

looks like petrol is finally coming down, apparently there is a price war with Asda and Tesco and the other two..........about bloody time
Old 22-07-2008, 13:00   #30
Senior Member+

Yeah And Its Means Cheap Petrol Is Coming Accringtons Way.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..