Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2003, 19:53   #46
Senior Member+

Post Re: Atkins Diet

[quote author=Ruud link=board=general;num=1064223971;start=0#40 date=09/23/03 at 15:04:30]Not doing patches,
i tried them once Ruud and to be honest i felt like rolling the bloody thing up and smoking it.Could not kick the habit and still do IT.Although i try to cut the amount down to about 12 a day now.
Old 23-09-2003, 20:59   #47
Junior Member+

Cazzer, yes he did have a cardiac arrest but it is not what he died of and where on earth did you get the info he tripped over his dog?????

"NEW YORK (CNN) -- Dr. Robert Atkins, creator of the high-protein, low-carbohydrate Atkins Diet, died Thursday after an accidental fall on April 8 left him comatose.

Atkins, 72, was rushed to New York Weill Cornell Medical Center by his colleague, Dr. Keith Berkowitz, where surgeons removed a blood clot to relieve pressure in his brain on April 9.

Atkins slipped on an icy sidewalk outside his New York office.

"We are hoping for a miracle," Richard Rothstein, a spokesman for Atkins told CNN April 11, "but the chances for a meaningful recovery are slim.

Atkins' original 1972 book, "Dr. Atkins' Diet Revolution," was contrary to the recommendations of most nutritional experts at the time. While many remain skeptical about the Atkins Diet, it has become increasingly popular since the 1992 publication of his book, "Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution."

In April 2002, Atkins was hospitalized after he went into cardiac arrest, which he said in a statement was "in no way related to diet."

He is credited with revolutionizing the diet world with his theory that you can lose weight by eating fat, and his followers hailed him as a pioneer. His critics accused him of selling a dangerous idea, but Atkins dismissed their claims. "
http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/04/17/obit.atkins/
Lesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2003, 21:11   #48
Caz
God Member

I got my information  on the day he fell. yes he was on an icy sidewalk, due to a freak spring storm. didn't say he wasn't. But the news report also said he tripped over his dog when he fell, 'cos I can remember it seemed strange at the time! But maybe Sky news is wrong?

Didn't say he died of a cardiac arrest either, merely backing the statement that it he did suffer from cardiomyopathy as lettie said. I did not say he died from it.

He became comotose after the  surgery on the subdural haematoma.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2003, 21:24   #49
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

;D  If you read my post, It does say that Dr Atkins had a cardiac arrest which he survived!!!   ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2003, 21:29   #50

there are also many other things that can slow down or speed up  a persons motabolism. From the medical field that i am in, if a person has sleep apnea, this can also slow it down. So if your overweight and snore (which is an indication that sleep apnea may be present) then untill that is treated it's a vicious circle
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2003, 21:45   #51
Accy Goddess

My hubby over weight and snores to the point were he wakes him-self up. Trouble is he wont admit to snoring.
Its like some sort of slow torcher. Hard on the nerves and destroys the sanity. ??? :
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2003, 21:55   #52
Filthy / Gorgeous

Tape him, then play it back    or pinch his nose ;D

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
Old 23-09-2003, 22:06   #53
Accy Goddess

Tried taping him he just says " Prove thats me."
I have to try rolling him over onto his side.
He will say I'm not even asleep. So I will ask why he makes such a dreadfull noise.  :
Old 23-09-2003, 22:09   #54
Filthy / Gorgeous

Might be time to let littlemo sort him out.

Mo, we need you,  please come for a visit, you can stay at my house as I'm bound to be crashing at yours in the future ;D  Pretty please 8)

Old 24-09-2003, 22:30   #55

would love too! think accy Vic would be ideal to set up a sleep lab!
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2003, 22:42   #56
Resting in Peace

Am i missing something here or are you lot just talking about me
or the misses calling me again [smiley=idunno.gif] [smiley=sleep.gif] [smiley=sleep.gif] [smiley=sleep.gif] [smiley=sleep.gif] [smiley=sleep.gif]
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2003, 10:37   #57
Junior Member+

what has this got to do with Aitkens?
Lesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2003, 14:28   #58
Accy Goddess

I must appologise Lesley. Told you they were mad.
Every so often they suck sane people into their land of madness. Lol
Get carried away and tend to veer off the subject in hand.
You odnt av t be mad to join this forum but it helps.  :
Old 25-09-2003, 14:31   #59
Caz
God Member

It's like anything else, one thing leads on to another. Most threads are the same. All part of the fun!
;D ;D

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2003, 14:33   #60
Resting in Peace

This is a very serious site we dont like fun on here > [smiley=jump3.gif] [smiley=yelrotflmao.gif] [smiley=yelrotflmao.gif] [smiley=yelrotflmao.gif] [smiley=yelrotflmao.gif] [smiley=yelrotflmao.gif] [smiley=yelrotflmao.gif]
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..