Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2009, 10:46   #1
Resting in Peace

BA Strike

The BA comrade out in California: £50,000 a year union activist who lives in LA and hasn't flown for a year | Mail Online

Ah well there has to be somebody to lead others by the nose ring I suppose, you couldn't make it up
Old 17-12-2009, 10:57   #2
JFT96

Re: BA Strike

Well, th simple fact that a BA Cabin Crew member can and does earn more than some of the First Officers they employ is insane, Willy Walsh is not my Idea of a manager, but at least he knows they have to do something to sort out the mess.
BA used to be a great airline, made you proud to be British, not any more.
The Cabin Crew are among the highest paid Cabin Crew in the industry and the average is double what they get at Virgin.
If I was Cabin Crew and being paid £30K I would shut up and thank my kucky stars, Our cabin crew get a third of that and they don't complain. they are also just as good as any BA CC I have ever come across.
Blood is boiling

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 11:14   #3
God Member

I must admit i was surprised how BA cabin crew earned.............especially compared to the other airlines........
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 11:21   #4
JFT96

Its insane, but then again they once were State owned and as such still are very bloated.

They carry too many cabin crew per flight, it harks back to the good old days when they were spending the public's money.

Just for info, the CAA rules for Cabin crew are 1 member per 50 pax and one must be a Senior. We have 189 seater's and therefore have 4 cabin crew, 1 who is senior. There are 6 cabin crew seats....
Not sure how many BA would have on a 737 NG, but it would be more than most other airlines...

Also the BA Senior in the Mail, earns lots more than I do and most of the UK's Pilots, First Officers and a lot of Captains....

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 19:42   #5
God Member

i thought having more cabin crew would be safer and i would like the aircraft crew to be on top wack so there would be less chance of suicide for money troubles, not only they deserve it.it spouts of jealousy all transport should be nationalised why should the greedy shareholder dictate what we pay to travel and safe our transport system is...

its only rock n roll but i like it. la viva the revolution
Old 19-12-2009, 08:37   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
i thought having more cabin crew would be safer and i would like the aircraft crew to be on top whack so there would be less chance of suicide for money troubles, not only they deserve it.it spouts of jealousy all transport should be nationalised why should the greedy shareholder dictate what we pay to travel and safe our transport system is...

its only rock n roll but i like it. la viva the revolution
Stanley your a dinosaur
Old 19-12-2009, 10:20   #7
Resting in Peace

I thought that when you owed more money than you were worth you were bankrupt.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..