Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2008, 15:31   #121

Re: Bad Reporting???

I would like to comment on emamum23's post. I am only 19, so what? Due to my own knowledge (BRAINS), dedication and the GREAT continuous support from my Manager- Carla (who has 2 children herself), I was able to pass both my Level 2 and Level 3 in Child Care, Learning and Development in under 2 years. I have attended several short courses regarding child care to further my knowledge, and am due to start my level four in September, followed by my level 5, then B.A! (Gosh feel like I'm in an interview lol)! Therefore, qualified enough for management, if not over qualified!!

With reference to those who refer to OFSTED being the people you trust and listen to, both myself, other staff members and parents of the setting find it rather worrying that you trust what OFSTED say so much (although they are only present for 2 days in 3 years),instead of trusting the Childcare Professionals that you chose to leave your children with. (Some 50 hours per week)!!

Well must go, just planning for next week- its running in the road exercise, knife throwing and fire starting!! WOO HOO!!!!
Danielle Beech is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-08-2008, 15:39   #122
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle Beech View Post
I would like to comment on emamum23's post. I am only 19, so what? Due to my own knowledge (BRAINS), dedication and the GREAT continuous support from my Manager- Carla (who has 2 children herself), I was able to pass both my Level 2 and Level 3 in Child Care, Learning and Development in under 2 years. I have attended several short courses regarding child care to further my knowledge, and am due to start my level four in September, followed by my level 5, then B.A! (Gosh feel like I'm in an interview lol)! Therefore, qualified enough for management, if not over qualified!!
you have a level 3, a years experience and a few top up courses.... congratulations, you are actually less qualified than me!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 15:43   #123
God Member

This is the Pre School my son has just left,

Now this is what a report should be like!
Esporta

Or are OFSTED lying and I should really believe that they let them play with knives and left the younger ones in dirty nappies? Hmmm
Old 20-08-2008, 16:51   #124

Quote:

With reference to those who refer to OFSTED being the people you trust and listen to, both myself, other staff members and parents of the setting find it rather worrying that you trust what OFSTED say so much (although they are only present for 2 days in 3 years),instead of trusting the Childcare Professionals that you chose to leave your children with. (Some 50 hours per week)!!

Yes I trust OFSTED to their job. Same as I trust my GP to do hers, even if I only see her for 2 days every 3 years. Incidentally I wouldnt trust you with a snail.

Well must go, just planning for next week- its running in the road exercise, knife throwing and fire starting!! WOO HOO!!!!
Glad you can make light from this damning report and peoples opinions. Perhaps you should recognise the fact that the people commenting on this report have a) mostly tried to be supportive in light of Carla's comments, and b) are the members of the public that are talking openly and letting you know our opinions. You can guarentee we are not the only people in Accrington that are concerned about the reports. However, we are the ones that you have the opportunity of discussing your side of it with. I personally would have taken this opportunity as your boss seemed to have), rather than use your attitude to wind people up even further.
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 17:18   #125
God Member

I think you should speak to your manager [Carla] before seriously coming on a forum spouting off about her business [she was handling it & doing a much better job politely], congrats that u have childcare qualifications not a doubt but seriously think any management is way above you & are therefore not qualified in any management skills nor have proper experience so which it shows. Therefore i'd worry about your job rather than a forum atm! As many parents come on this forum & want advice or is seeking good nursery care, you have placed Dolli Dimples is a precarious situation that despite even the ofsted report, the attitude of senior staff [other than owner so far] have jaded the possibility of encouraging new business or even business that you have already in serious jepordary. As qualifications are essential but after reading the response from the Ass manager Danielle, i think a few yrs experience & bit more life exp is a must too for that position & as an ass manager u need to accept responsibility also, not blame a forum, yr customers or potential customers - u have a duty & responsibility !!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 18:18   #126
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

I am only 19, so what? -- well it shows thats what! how to win friends n influence people. yer boss while under obvious stress,has come on here n put her point of view very well, and also gained good wishes n respect, you should bear that in mind, while you may be undoing her good work. i would send you on a public relations coarse n hope ya actually picked some of it up.
Old 20-08-2008, 20:57   #127
God Member

Quote:
With reference to those who refer to OFSTED being the people you trust and listen to, both myself, other staff members and parents of the setting find it rather worrying that you trust what OFSTED say so much

thats the best laugh ive had in this thread so far, how pathetic is that statement?

OFSTED are government officials, i'd trust them 100% more than i would trust a childish 19 year old
Old 21-08-2008, 07:02   #128
God Member

I would trust a 9 year old more than SOME government officials...
Old 21-08-2008, 10:29   #129
I am Banned

has this thread not died on its arse yet ?
I wandered past yesterday and they looked like they were having a fab time.
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 11:12   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetah992000 View Post
...I wandered past yesterday and they looked like they were having a fab time.
Playing circus knife throwers?
Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 11:53   #131
I am Banned

lol actually they were playing chicken in the road
Old 24-08-2008, 13:49   #132
I am Banned

Have we heard the outcome yet ? i thought it was going to be sorted by friday ?
Old 05-09-2008, 20:00   #133
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetah992000 View Post
Have we heard the outcome yet ? i thought it was going to be sorted by friday ?
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this today.

There was an article in today's Observer stating that the ofsted report in question has been partially upheld, whatever that means.

A letter sent to the nursery from a regional complaints investigator stated:

1) Comments about staff interaction were harsh

2) Staff portfolios were of a good standard and should have been included

3) The original inspector apologised for the way she had made reference to staff not signing registers and implying that ratios of adults to children were not being met.

4) The reference to children regularly being left in soiled underwear and their noses never being wiped would be removed from the report

5) Children were not left unsupervised in the kitchen

What do you make of this?
Old 05-09-2008, 20:13   #134
God Member

i read it earlier H, i was quite surprised no one has said owt

i wont believe it till i read the report myself, anyone can say anything to a newspaper to make themselves look good
Old 05-09-2008, 20:16   #135
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i read it earlier H, i was quite surprised no one has said owt

i wont believe it till i read the report myself, anyone can say anything to a newspaper to make themselves look good
Hmmmm. I don't know what to make of it either.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..