Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2005, 14:34   #1

Barnes' Furniture Shop.

Has anyone any updated info on what use this site is going to be put to?
I've noticed it is begining to look a little run down and is attracting the neer-do-wells of the area.

Suggestions for a use anyone?
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-10-2005, 16:19   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Barnes' Furniture Shop.

i'm pretty sure its going to b a bar

i remmeber reading it in the paper that they had been a uk nationwide company who had bought the site
Old 09-10-2005, 16:36   #3

Another bar,just what we need! Witherspoons I expect.
Old 09-10-2005, 16:42   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
i'm pretty sure its going to b a bar

i remmeber reading it in the paper that they had been a uk nationwide company who had bought the site
Do you mean the shop on Blackburn Rd? thats being converted to a bar

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 16:51   #5

No K.S.H,I meant the one in the Church St.area that has been empty since April,I believe that behind the internal wall fittings the old cinema fixtures are still to be seen.
It's a queer shaped building so I don't see that it could easily be converted to a bar.Though you never know.
Old 09-10-2005, 16:56   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampman
No K.S.H,I meant the one in the Church St.area that has been empty since April,I believe that behind the internal wall fittings the old cinema fixtures are still to be seen.
It's a queer shaped building so I don't see that it could easily be converted to a bar.Though you never know.
That post was meant for Mani, thought he might have been getting mixed up with the shop on Blackburn Rd

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 17:56   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampman
Has anyone any updated info on what use this site is going to be put to?
I've noticed it is begining to look a little run down and is attracting the neer-do-wells of the area.

Suggestions for a use anyone?
Not another £ shop

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 18:33   #8
God Member

I thought it was a real shame that Barnes closed, it was a good furniture shop, hopefully it wont become a pound or a charity shop we have too many of them already.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 18:41   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego
I thought it was a real shame that Barnes closed, it was a good furniture shop, hopefully it wont become a pound or a charity shop we have too many of them already.
Lol, but if it's been empty since April..................No one is interested in it, unless they are all waiting for a rock bottom price. Then again it's away from the "centre"

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 15:52   #10
Senior Member+

aaaaaaaaaah

my bad

i saw furniture store and i thought the one on blackburn road

though i think that one behind new era wud make a good bar too

its in a good area
Old 10-10-2005, 21:39   #11

Would be great if Argos moved to there,more space and a car park.I'm sick of all the ignorant people parked illegally outside Argos.Many a time driving a 38ft bus I couldn't pull out of Bank St with people sat in their cars refusing to move or actually doing their shopping in Argos.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:25   #12
Senior Member+

Reviving an old thread! Only just heard the old cinema site, remembered by most Accrington folk when it was BARNES FURNITURE STORE, is to become a church-owned community cafe and furniture store????????
er ..... Wow?
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 13:33   #13

From what I hear the funding is totally inadequate for the mammoth task required to internally clear the site.
At the moment I doubt if it would get Public Liability Insurance.No gas ,no water(other than via the roof)and no electricity supply.
Not exactly walk in condition!
Old 04-06-2011, 14:27   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post
Reviving an old thread! Only just heard the old cinema site, remembered by most Accrington folk when it was BARNES FURNITURE STORE, is to become a church-owned community cafe and furniture store????????
er ..... Wow?
Before it became Barnes's furniture, there used to be an 8 ft long stone plinth set low in the wall, facing the end of Grange Lane, which had Accrington Higher Bridge carved in it. It dated back to the days when Accrington was two separate townships. There was another one at Bull Bridge which had Accrington Lower Bridge carved on it.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:45   #15
Bee
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post
er ..... Wow?
Really?, But it looks very run-down.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..