Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2009, 10:05   #1
Resting in Peace

BBC fine for Brand and Ross

The BBC have been fine £150,000 for the Brand/Ross saga, Its been reported that some MPs are demanding that these two P*****ks pay this fine themselves, do you agree, I know I do, even then they'll have got off lightly
Old 04-04-2009, 10:12   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: BBC fine for Brand and Ross

So they end up Paying £75,000 each if they do, that's pocket money to both of them & with a decent accountant they will probably be able to write it off as some sort of Tax Loss as a business expense!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:36   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i aint sure, reckon the BBC are just as responsible, no executive even watched the "Pre-Recorded" show. end of the day the pair should have been consigned to television history, but thats another issue. are ya saying the "Beeb" are blameless in this debacle jaysay? cos i don't think so.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:50   #4
God Member

Who will the money go to?
And who will it benefit?
Old 04-04-2009, 11:02   #5
God Member

not only do we have to pay a extortinate tv licenece for the talentless morons megga wages but we now have to foot the bill for his and his friends disgusting antics

every penny the bbc uses to pay a fine is coming out of our pockets

yes woss and his buddy shoudl pay their own fines

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:04   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i aint sure, reckon the BBC are just as responsible, no executive even watched the "Pre-Recorded" show. end of the day the pair should have been consigned to television history, but thats another issue. are ya saying the "Beeb" are blameless in this debacle jaysay? cos i don't think so.
No I don't think the Beeb are blameless cash, but why the hell should the fine come out of the licence payer, and that's what it will as the BBC don't have money it all comes out of our pockets, so why should we pay for these two miscreants antics
Old 04-04-2009, 19:51   #7
Senior Member+

At the end of the day, I thought it was funny, no-one died and to be honest, in the grand scheme of things when helicopters are falling from the sky and gunmen are wandering around shooting indiscriminately, we have riots on the streets of London and peoples body parts turning up in fields; does it really matter that much????
Old 04-04-2009, 19:58   #8
God Member

i would say it does , if somone rang my grandparents up spouting filth at them about family members i would hit them

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by Mick; 05-04-2009 at 16:56.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:48   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i would say it does , if somone rang my grandparents up spouting filth at them about family members i would hit them
That's what most of us would want to do accyman, especially in the case of Brand and Ross

Last edited by Mick; 05-04-2009 at 16:56.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:57   #10
God Member

Well if the BBC pay, we're basicly just paying for it ourselves. They seem to have loads of money to waste though.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:13   #11
white rabbits

if they got rid of the B,B,C .Maybe we could save our licence fee,,,,,
Old 05-04-2009, 11:51   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
if they got rid of the B,B,C .Maybe we could save our licence fee,,,,,

dont get me started on this lol

we live in a supposedly free society but we are FORCED to pay for a service wether we want it or not

its no different than me selling dog turds and teh government forcing you to buy them or face a huge fine or prison

you dont want them , you may want to buy them from somewhere else but you cant because the law says you have to buy from me

Old 05-04-2009, 12:03   #13
Beacon of light

While I agree with Less about them finding some way of defraying the cost through some tax loophole.......I still think these overgrown schoolboys(and that is an insult to schoolboys, that isn't intended) should have to foot the bill.

And Lindsay, while no-one died, and you found it funny......I think it was an affront to decency which has to be nipped in the bud.
I would not want an elderly grandparent of mine to be subjected to this kind of stunt....and I suspect you wouldn't like it to happen to yours either.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:16   #14
God Member

well said margaret , i think its safe to say most decent thinking people wouldnt find an attack on any elderly person like that funny or acceptable wether they be family or not

Old 05-04-2009, 15:06   #15
Senior Member+

Each to their own, my opinion etc.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..