Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree165Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2014, 13:32   #151
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

BENEFITS hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Ok I respect your point of view,I just thought I'd do some "royal bashing" to even the scales

Awww so she stood in the rain for a few hours,The queen is so hard done too

Queen Elizabeth is hurting for money - San Jose Mercury News

Maybe she can go to a food bank or the "flag wavers" on here can have a whip round for her

How pathetic you really are as usual a link amongst drivel, where is the link from?
San Jose Mercury News!
Are there no British papers amongst your barrel scraping to use as examples? Just a quick tip when scraping a barrel one should do it from the inside out, not the way you are breaking your nails.
If you knew the members of this site, you would know most aren't Royalists, they will however even defend the Queen against your juvenile, biased view of how things happen in the real world.
shillelagh likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2014, 13:56   #152
Senior Member+

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
How pathetic you really are as usual a link amongst drivel, where is the link from?
San Jose Mercury News!
Are there no British papers amongst your barrel scraping to use as examples? Just a quick tip when scraping a barrel one should do it from the inside out, not the way you are breaking your nails.
If you knew the members of this site, you would know most aren't Royalists, they will however even defend the Queen against your juvenile, biased view of how things happen in the real world.
As you know,There are plenty of "British papers" with similar headlines to choose from I only used that one for convenience.
I don't know any of the members of this site,maybe this is my way of trying to obtain that understanding I mentioned earlier.
As for defending the queen I'd like to hear how things happen in "the real world" from her other "loyal subjects"

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 25-02-2014 at 13:58.
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2014, 14:12   #153
Beacon of light

Quote:
Ok I respect your point of view,I just thought I'd do some "royal bashing" to even the scales
Awww so she stood in the rain for a few hours,The queen is so hard done too
Queen Elizabeth is hurting for money - San Jose Mercury News
Maybe she can go to a food bank or the "flag wavers" on here can have a whip round for her
Now you are taking the pish!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2014, 14:16   #154
Beacon of light

Quote:
As you know,There are plenty of "British papers" with similar headlines to choose from I only used that one for convenience.
I don't know any of the members of this site,maybe this is my way of trying to obtain that understanding I mentioned earlier.
As for defending the queen I'd like to hear how things happen in "the real world" from her other "loyal subjects"
There are people on this site that I know ONLY from the site. I could pass them in the street and not recognise them.
That is the nature of the internet.
Sometimes it is better to hold your own counsel until you get the lie of the land.
It is never a good idea to poke a snake with a stick.......you need to have very good friends around you for when one of those snakes(which might have venomous fangs) turns round and bites you in the behind.
I am exercising my patience.
Old 25-02-2014, 14:18   #155
Beacon of light

We had already got the message - you don't like the Royals...or perhaps what you really dislike is what you see as the cost, without value.
Old 25-02-2014, 14:44   #156
I am Banned

What about all the taxes She and Charles pay in Taxes, from the Crown Lands. Doe's any one know the true figures and how they balance out.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2014, 14:44   #157
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
We had already got the message - you don't like the Royals...or perhaps what you really dislike is what you see as the cost, without value.
No not at all Margaret,I think we should abandon the royals after liz or at least let them play kings and queens with their own money (even if the alternative is a costly president).
I do hold a little respect for Harry going an serving in Afghanistan (even if he was placed so far back he may as well of been on a shooting holiday) and
Maybe a little for Charles as he does a bit for the development of trade, but that's as far as it goes.

Ok,I'm sorry for rustling feathers on here I'll keep my low level comments stump from now on.

password--Accyweb
Old 25-02-2014, 14:59   #158
Senior Member+

Quote:
I do hold a little respect for Harry going an serving in Afghanistan (even if he was placed so far back he may as well of been on a shooting holiday) ...
He was in Camp Bastion, Helmand Province, hardly a shooting holiday.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2014, 15:50   #159
Senior Member+

A bit more info for you -
British Forces casualties in Afghanistan since 2001 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have a search for "helmand", see how many fatalities there were in this area that is "so far back he may as well of been on a shooting holiday"
Pretty sure this won`t be a complete list either.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2014, 16:13   #160
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

BENEFITS hmmmm

Quote:
Ok,I'm sorry for rustling feathers on here I'll keep my low level comments stump from now on.

No, don't be low level, just think then post.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2014, 16:26   #161
Beacon of light

Quote:
No not at all Margaret,I think we should abandon the royals after liz or at least let them play kings and queens with their own money (even if the alternative is a costly president).
I do hold a little respect for Harry going an serving in Afghanistan (even if he was placed so far back he may as well of been on a shooting holiday) and
Maybe a little for Charles as he does a bit for the development of trade, but that's as far as it goes.

So you would opt for a republic.
You trust politicians more than the queen?(or any other royal).

I don't like Charles. I don't want to see him as King because he would meddle in politics (which is not the role of the monarchy) and he would expect us to accept Camilla as his Queen(bleeugh).
Old 25-02-2014, 17:40   #162
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
even if he was placed so far back he may as well of been on a shooting holiday
Really, 2 tours of Afghanistan, although the first was cut short because of foreign media blabbing 2007 on the ground with the cavalry, Warrior AFV & in the role of an FAC (Forward air controller) that means calling in assets on target, to do that he had to be close enough to see them. (hardly in the rear with the gear)

Second tour as an Apache pilot, again although he may have been stationed at Bastion with the other aircrews, when a shout goes up for air assets, the boy was onboard & into the front line to give fire support to the Troops on the ground. Helicopters incidentally are prime targets for enemy fire, proper fire magnets, so not the cushy life you seem to assume.
Less and putsinker like this.
Old 25-02-2014, 17:45   #163
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I have very little time if any at all fer the Royals, But as far as i'm concerned its insulting n damn wrong to accuse anyone serving in Afghanistan, on being on holiday.
Less likes this.
Old 25-02-2014, 20:44   #164
Senior Member+

I was going to withhold my comments.
I'm not going to criticise him he deserves that as much as the next solider.
He's a good guy,he's probably my favourite royal (and ginger),his mum would be proud.
He admits he would like to be more involved,but that's out of his hands I suppose.

password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 25-02-2014 at 20:48.
Old 25-02-2014, 21:04   #165
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I do hold a little respect for Harry going an serving in Afghanistan (even if he was placed so far back he may as well of been on a shooting holiday)
Quote:
I was going to withhold my comments.
I'm not going to criticise him he deserves that as much as the next solider.
He's a good guy,he's probably my favourite royal (and ginger),his mum would be proud.
He admits he would like to be more involved,but that's out of his hands I suppose.
Well sorry,if that aint criticizing someone who served in Afghanistan, I must be stupid.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..