Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2007, 20:54   #16

Re: best holidays

been majorca cleenist place i have been to many germans for me .love turkey
Accrington Web
Old 26-04-2007, 21:04   #17
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Had a week in Menorca 3 years ago. I thought that it would be a nice quiet place to go on my own for a rest. It was crawling with kiddies and not very restful for me but the kids seemed to be having a wail of a time. All of the restaurants welcomed children, the supermarkets sold everything you could possibly need for a child or baby. I will stick to the smaller Greek Islands for lone getaways in the future but Menorca was highly geared up for young families and only a 2 hour flight.

My best hols have to be New Zealand and Australia. Loads to see and do, friendly people and scenery galore. May try Canada in the future but it's NZ again for us in 2008.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 21:19   #18
God Member

agree with Lettie, New Zealand gets my vote as the best place on earth for either holiday or living.
Thailand used to be a fun place for R & R in the 70s and early 80s before they cleaned it up and made it family friendly
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 08:09   #19
Senior Member+

Never done Men but done Maj Alcudia was great.Puero del Carmen in Lanzarote was another top tenner,lively resort & wonderful volcanic scenery if you do some excursions,but the resort is'nt really for kids.The wife likes Turkey & so did i but i feel i've been too many times.Needless to say we're going again next month.Who wears the pants
Old 27-04-2007, 09:50   #20
mez
God Member

i loved my holiday in australia, i liked turkey , lanzarote not bad , few places on spanish mainland ok, my european tour was ace, & off to bulgaria this year, oh forgot my mini trips brugges, rhine cruise (germany) & germany itself all fab.
Old 27-04-2007, 11:19   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
another place to cross of my list
That made me laugh Steeljack because before we had kids we were exactly the same, used to stay in hotels were no children under 16 were allowed, lovely and peaceful, now its the opposite and we look for kids clubs etc
Old 27-04-2007, 12:17   #22
Give, give, give member

Best childhood holidays- when we used to keep our boat down at Sandbanks in Dorset, and spent all day on the beach, or water skiing. Happy days.

Favourite recent holidays spent in Kenya and Tanzania, split between safaris and lazing about in the Indian Ocean.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 12:56   #23
Resident Waffler

It all depends on what you want from a holiday. I like beautiful scenery, interesting things to visit (historical sites and that kind of thing) and sunshine. The kids on the other hand want 'summat going on' and the most exciting thing about last year's holiday in Malta was their discovery of a McDonalds!

Busman and I love Tunisia but someone else I know who went didn't like it at all. Mind you, she stayed in a big hotel in a totally tourist area whereas we preferred a small family run hotel in a lovely old town.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 15:18   #24
God Member

I adore Italy- one of my ex mother in laws was Italian so I speak the lingo and cook the food. Been more times than I can count on both hands. I dont recommend Lido de Jesolo or Rimini (their Blackpool) but anywhere else is great. Italians love children and family and make a fuss of children in restaurants. You wont get disapproving looks if your children are out with you after dark.
I am not a 'beach lover' -I believe the charges for beach access are a bit steep - I go to visit the ruins where I don't look out of place

Last edited by MargaretR; 27-04-2007 at 15:19. Reason: typo
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 15:42   #25
Junior Member+

I went to Alcudia a couple of years ago with my little girl, it was fantastic for children, the only thing wrong with it was the beach, it was lovely it just smealt like rotten eggs!
addy82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..