Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 10:33   #1

Black Lab Dog Found

Anyone missing a Black Lab Dog, found this morning up the Coppice, please get in touch.
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-11-2011, 18:01   #2

Re: Black Lab Dog Found

Update - dog owner found and contacted through good old Facebook.
With no thanks to the dog being either chipped or with a tag.
Can I just remind anyone with a dog to please please ensure your dog at least has a tag with your phone number on his collar - this is also a legal requirement.
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:45   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

The legal requirement is not a tag with a phone number, it is a tag on the collar with the name and address of the owner. I believe the maximum fine for a dog without a collar or without a correctly worded tag in a public place is £1000

Here is most of the Control Of Dogs Order 1992

Quote:
Title and commencement

1. This Order may be cited as the Control of Dogs Order 1992 and shall come into force on 1st April 1992.

Wearing of collars by dogs

2.—(1) Subject to paragraph (2) below, every dog while in a highway or in a place of public resort shall wear a collar with the name and address of the owner inscribed on the collar or on a plate or badge attached to it.

(2) Paragraph (1) above shall not apply to—

(a)any pack of hounds,

(b)any dog while being used for sporting purposes,

(c)any dog while being used for the capture or destruction of vermin,

(d)any dog while being used for the driving or tending of cattle or sheep,

(e)any dog while being used on official duties by a member of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces or Her Majesty’s Customs and Excise or the police force for any area,

(f)any dog while being used in emergency rescue work, or

(g)any dog registered with the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association.

Offences

3. The owner of a dog or the person in charge of a dog who, without lawful authority or excuse, proof of which shall lie on him, causes or permits the dog to be in a highway or in a place of public resort not wearing a collar as prescribed in article 2(1) above shall be guilty of an offence against the Animal Health Act 1981.

Seizure of dogs

4. Any dog in respect of which an offence is being committed against this Order may be seized and treated as a stray dog under section 3 of the Dogs Act 1906(1) or under section 149 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.

Last edited by Neil; 05-11-2011 at 07:47.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 18:29   #4
Senior Member+

I am glad that the dog has been reunited with his owner.I hope that now they will get him microchipped. It does not hurt the dog and makes it easier to reunite him with his owner. The R.S.P.C.A and all vets have scanners to ckeck the chips of lost dogs.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 20:23   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
I am glad that the dog has been reunited with his owner.I hope that now they will get him microchipped. It does not hurt the dog and makes it easier to reunite him with his owner. The R.S.P.C.A and all vets have scanners to ckeck the chips of lost dogs.
Think theres more chance of being struck by lightening max, the miserable sod didn't even thank kisser.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:31   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:

Micro chipping is a good idea in case your dog is stolen or manages to lose its collar but the law states a collar and tag so that should be the first thing they do.

If I found a dog that had the owners name and address on its tag I would return it or phone the owner if it had a number on it. Otherwise it would be a job for the dog warden to find the owner after I contacted him.
Old 06-11-2011, 15:41   #7
Senior Member+

They don't5 deserve to own a dog!
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 15:44   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
They don't5 deserve to own a dog!
I assume you are a perfect dog owner, we all make mistakes.
Old 06-11-2011, 16:41   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I assume you are a perfect dog owner, we all make mistakes.
it aint a mistake not to thank the person that found it, its ignorance imho. to me that non-act speaks volumes fer the owner.
Old 06-11-2011, 17:21   #10
Full Member+

We don't know that the dog-owner didn't thank Kisser, it doesn't actually say they didn't - unless I'm reading it wrong....
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 17:34   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
We don't know that the dog-owner didn't thank Kisser, it doesn't actually say they didn't - unless I'm reading it wrong....
We do know, Steve, because Kisser told me, Cashy and Keep The Faith at the match yesterday.
Old 06-11-2011, 17:40   #12
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
We do know, Steve, because Kisser told me, Cashy and Keep The Faith at the match yesterday.
Ahh, fair enough then....if it were me, a bottle of the finest 3 for £10 Asda wine would be winging it's way to the finder of my dog!!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 17:44   #13
God Member

If I recall from a few years back, wasn't their several cases of pack dogs up on the back end of the coppice doing a lot of sheep worrying and several of them ending up getting shot - which a farmer is quite entitled to do. Still, I suppose if it's been brought down and returned to it's rightful owner it can't do any damage. However, it will be interesting to see if any news emerges over the next few days of sheep & lambs having their throats bitten out just for fun.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 18:12   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
yeh obviously dont know me, if it aint right i dont say so.
Old 06-11-2011, 18:16   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yeh obviously dont know me, if it aint right i dont say so.
I can verify that Steve
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..