Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2008, 05:32   #1
God Member

Blast from the past ...who remembers Sabrina

ok it was a crap night on television ....some story about a murdered woman called Sabrina ....so it me to wondering what had happened to the original British Sabrina , the one with the big breasts who caused so much titillation to young lads in short pants during the 50s , after a brief search I found out she is still alive and kicking
The Sabrina (Norma Sykes) Site
for the younger users of the site I should mention she was the 50s version of the modern day Jordan , but will probably be remembered longer if Diana Dors was the British Marilyn Monroe ,then Sabrina was the British Jayne Mansfield

anyway the purpose of the thread ......who else do you remember from those days and wonder if they are still around ....entertainers like Yana (a sultry singer who usually played summer seasons on a Blackpool pier) or maybe Ruby Murrey (an Irish collen, who if they had made an Irish version of the Sound of Music would have had the Julie Andrews role )
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-02-2008, 12:06   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Blast from the past ...who remembers Sabrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
ok it was a crap night on television ....some story about a murdered woman called Sabrina ....so it me to wondering what had happened to the original British Sabrina , the one with the big breasts who caused so much titillation to young lads in short pants during the 50s , after a brief search I found out she is still alive and kicking
The Sabrina (Norma Sykes) Site
for the younger users of the site I should mention she was the 50s version of the modern day Jordan , but will probably be remembered longer if Diana Dors was the British Marilyn Monroe ,then Sabrina was the British Jayne Mansfield

anyway the purpose of the thread ......who else do you remember from those days and wonder if they are still around ....entertainers like Yana (a sultry singer who usually played summer seasons on a Blackpool pier) or maybe Ruby Murrey (an Irish collen, who if they had made an Irish version of the Sound of Music would have had the Julie Andrews role )
Looks like we come from the same era steeljack as I remember her well, I think all blokes our age will remember her, she was my first memory of a dumb blond
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:23   #3
God Member

Only Sabrina I know is a teenage witch

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:28   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post

was just gonna say that myself
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:30   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

dont remember her,nor do i remember the old saying= shes got bigger t*ts than Sabrina, have a vague recollection of Dorothy Squires, who for reasons unknown to me had a big following from the gay community
Old 10-02-2008, 13:52   #6
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Looks like we come from the same era steeljack as I remember her well, I think all blokes our age will remember her, she was my first memory of a dumb blond
i remember her too......we thought she was a bit of a slapper back then,but now she would be classed as normal....
grannyclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 14:04   #7
Senior Member+

was she a side kick to arthur askey ?
i seem to remember he had a numb blonde on stage with him

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 14:41   #8

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
Snap.............

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 14:52   #9
white rabbits

Originally Posted by K.S.H

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart

Your only spring chickens ,,not old fogies like us,,,Our Sabrina will be drawing her pension now.....
grannyclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 14:57   #10
God Member

I have had a good look on that weblink - they were only 38 1/2 inches !!!!!
but they were out of proportion with the rest of her.
At least they weren't silicon like Jordan's
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 15:47   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have had a good look on that weblink - they were only 38 1/2 inches !!!!!
but they were out of proportion with the rest of her.
At least they weren't silicon like Jordan's
thats the point,they were proper uns. seemed humungous at the time.
Old 10-02-2008, 15:51   #12
Senior Member+

the only sabrina I know of/heard of had a (bad) song in the early 90's with boys,boys boys.....but her video was summit else - big breasted italian woman in a skimpy white bikini jumping about in a swimming pool...happy days indeed
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 16:19   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post

lol me too
Old 10-02-2008, 17:22   #14
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Blast from the past ...who remembers Sabrina

As young lads we used to play Sabrina pontoon. Instead of 21 bust we had 42 bust.

What about the original well endowed lady – Jane Russell? We played Jane Russell pontoon too. 38 bust.

Tommy Handley from I.T.M.A.
Norman Evans from Over The Garden Wall. Les Dawson ‘borrowed’ some of his routine but he was also hilarious in his own right.
Tommy Trinder with his very risqué jokes.
Max Wall with even more risqué jokes.
Jimmy Edwards from Take It From Here with Bill Kerr and June Whitfield.
Tony Hancock from Hancock’s Half Hour with Hattie Jacques, Bill Kerr and Sid James.
Educating Archie with Peter Brough a ventriloquist on the radio? I ask you. But it worked. I never saw his lips move.
Round The Horn.
The Goon Show or as the BBC big wigs first called it the Go On Show.
What about Max Boyce? The mad, Welsh, leek waving, rugby fan.
And don’t forget Dick Barton Special Agent.
For the more gentile audience Mrs Dale’s Diary, probably the very first soap on the wireless. She was always so worried about Jim.

Variety programmes where you got a mixture of entertainers from singers to jugglers to trapeze acts to stand up comics to prestidigitators (conjurers) and the best of which were the ventriloquists. They were funnier than a comic.

Ray Alan and Lord Charles were a scream.

Dennis Spicer appeared to speak with two voices at the same time and he was the only guy that I ever saw who could drink a glass of water and speak at the same time.

I can’t remember the guy’s name but he would get two people from the audience up on stage, usually one large chap and either a small woman or a small guy. Then he would hold a conversation between them using a tiny effeminate voice for the big guy and a deep gruff voice for the other person.

Sadly you don’t get that sort of entertainment these days were good solid belly laughs came free and easy.

Bring back “The Palace Of Varieties” and “The Good Old Days” from Leeds. That was entertainment.
Old 10-02-2008, 17:44   #15
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
At least she was funny, oh and in colour

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..