Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2006, 20:40   #1
Roy
Administrator

blue boxes chipped, old or new news?

As you all know I haven't been around for a while and so have not seen all the threads... Anyway, the whole chipping of bins has really pee'd me off and so I went out to mine and low and behold it is chipped, as reported by all newspapers and media..
But did you know that your blue recycling box is also chipped? I checked mine today and found a small device about the size of a 2p with the label "World Tag - Logistic and Industrial Transponder" - so this means I have had 1 device in my garden that is bugged and another unit in my HOUSE that is also bugged.. This beggars belief that they did not inform us of the spying.
Anyway, I will be removing these devices and destroying them, so please, HBC come and get me and I will see you in court!

By the way, if this is the first uncovering of the blue boxes being bugged, if you are a newspaper, please at least give us some credit for the story - just printing the web address is enough, thanks.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-09-2006, 20:46   #2
I am Banned

Re: blue boxes chipped, old or new news?

Really? omg where abouts Roy on the box cos im going to inspect mine i didnt think they would actually do that
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 20:47   #3
Resting in Peace

Well just checked ours and its not chipped,
so why is some chipped and others not is it just the new ones that are ?
If you get a new one check and let us know.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 20:50   #4
Resting in peace

Don't bother taking it out, have a look for a single pensioner and swop bins and boxes, that will put the cat among the pigeons.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 20:54   #5
I am Banned

i say we shoudl collect all these chips and re locate them in the councils brown box's so that we can manage how much crap they output

edit:

wouldnt it be nice if we could arrange a collection point for these chips so that everybody could hand them in , then dump them on teh counter of the town hall

surely you cant be done for returning unwanted items and who teh hell gave te council power to put bugs in our homes iem pretty sure this breaks soem law

Last edited by chav1; 25-09-2006 at 20:56.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 20:58   #6
I am Banned

Well had a brief look tho it was hard to see it outside in the dark
Old 25-09-2006, 21:02   #7
Senior Member+

surely you can take them off the bins,if they havnt informed you that they have been put on there you can take them off and say you thought that kids have put them on there,or tell them you dont want them on your property(i mean the garden/yard
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 21:03   #8
Roy
Administrator

Heres a link to photos of my blue box, http://web.mac.com/accyroy/iWeb/Photos/Photos.html

Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 21:09   #9
Resident Waffler

Ages ago when my daughter came home from school with a pledge form - the council promising something to schools for the number of people each pupil could convert to recycling - I asked the blue box collecting man how they would know who was or wasn't participating and he showed me the circular device under the rim of the blue box. He said it was just for monitoring who was recycling so they knew which school they had made the pledge to.

I hope that makes sense.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 21:09   #10
I am Banned

what is this ?

accy webs version of teh obserbvers beautifull baby competition but with blue box's instead ?
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 21:10   #11
I am Banned

Ahhhh yeh kids brought me one of those & harranged by others from same school tho i didnt know or wasn't clear that there would be a bugging device on it where are these devices stuck on the box?
Old 25-09-2006, 21:12   #12
Resident Waffler

They are under the rim.

Old 25-09-2006, 21:13   #13
I am Banned

They ?? how many are there LOL
Old 25-09-2006, 21:15   #14
Resident Waffler

Heehee only one on each box. You see I'm a nosey beggar I just had to know how they could monitor if people were keeping their pledges.

Old 25-09-2006, 21:17   #15
Senior Member+

why are they on there,whats the point in giving them to only a few people,
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..