Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2009, 22:01   #16

Re: boose buster

Do what they do in Glasgow, keep all stock and staff behind a plastic casing.

A sad country we live in.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-01-2009, 09:14   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
Do what they do in Glasgow, keep all stock and staff behind a plastic casing.

A sad country we live in.
Its very true

Maybe this is the only way to go, if they are not prepared to have 2 staff in the store at one time then the only other way it to offer the staff some from of protection whilst they are at work, its not like they can get away with keeping a baseball bat or shotgun under the counter, they need to feel safe at work, it will get to the point where they will have no one who wants to work there
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2009, 09:18   #18
Resting in Peace

Re: booze buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
I am appalled that a company the size of Boozebuster thinks so little of it's employees safety, I have been in a situation at a workplace before where I was expected to lock up on my own, the company ruling on it soon changed when I stood my ground and refused to do it because it was unsafe, I would suggest the folk at Boozebuster do the same, the scum will think twice if they see extra bodies in there.
I think that in today's climate lindsay, there are those who would put up with this because they need the job, that is why unscrupulus employers can get away with it
Old 22-01-2009, 10:03   #19
God Member

Thats the thing... people will put up with it

And if there is one that will put up with it then the company will carry on doing it

Where as if they all say no... not a chance and stand firm on the decision
The company will either give in... or replace the whole team

Which is what some members of staff are obviously gonna be bothered about... will they just replace them.... but more than likely not

Can you be fired on the grounds that you want to work in a safe environment?
Old 22-01-2009, 11:50   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Its very true

Maybe this is the only way to go, if they are not prepared to have 2 staff in the store at one time then the only other way it to offer the staff some from of protection whilst they are at work, its not like they can get away with keeping a baseball bat or shotgun under the counter, they need to feel safe at work, it will get to the point where they will have no one who wants to work there
You would be surprised what i sometimes have under the counter when im working.
Old 22-01-2009, 12:14   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
You would be surprised what i sometimes have under the counter when im working.
It all depends on what the young lady looks like that you're serving???
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..