Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2007, 17:59   #16
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: Bottled water

eres a question for ya...
Why does mineral water thats trickled down mountains for thousands of years have a use by date?.....emmmmm.......
Old 07-10-2007, 17:59   #17

Just something i found on a website....

Coca-Cola's Dasani brand of bottled water was found to have illegally high levels of bromate, a cancer-causing chemical, say company executives in the UK. Coca-Cola, which had called their water, "as pure as bottled water gets," immediately recalled 500,000 bottles. It is, of course, a public relations disaster for the company, which has been trying to develop new markets other than soft drinks.
Old 07-10-2007, 18:00   #18
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I buy it because I can't stand the smell of the water that comes out of the taps. It reeks of chlorine and makes me feel sick.
i cant smell nowt with my water...it tastes fine to me!!
i must have 'posh water'
Old 07-10-2007, 18:00   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Why does mineral water thats trickled down mountains for thousands of years have a use by date?.....emmmmm.......
Because its been processed more than tap water most likely so making the trickled down mountains for thousands of years bit bulls**t
Old 07-10-2007, 19:45   #20
Resident Waffler

Quote:
i cant smell nowt with my water...it tastes fine to me!!
i must have 'posh water'
When we're on hols in the caravan I happily drink the tap water there as that doesn't smell of chlorine either but when you turn our taps on it usually smells like the swimming baths.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 19:59   #21
God Member

I buy bottled water but also drink the water from the tap sometimes, cant smell chlorine in it, like to run it for a while first though.
Old 07-10-2007, 20:04   #22
Resident Waffler

I think ours must be the worst water in Hyndburn. My late husband used to say it was because we were near the pumping station.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 20:24   #23
Senior Member+

I drink loads of tap water. Ours is just fine and its always really cold. I will drink bottled water to if i'm out and want a drink, but I won't buy it in to have at home.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 21:28   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I think ours must be the worst water in Hyndburn. My late husband used to say it was because we were near the pumping station.

I will second that Willow!!! I have to leave my water running for about 2 minutes before I pour myself a glass, or it comes out murky and reeks of chlorine!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 21:54   #25
God Member

Quote:

The chemical content of the water reacts with the plastic. Even bottled water if in glass has the same problem I think.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 21:57   #26
God Member

I've never bothered with bottled water. The stuff that comes out of the tap has always done for me.
Old 07-10-2007, 22:22   #27
Accy Goddess

Dont drink a lot of water. if i do it's from the tape with loads of ice.

Last edited by Mick; 07-10-2007 at 22:25.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 22:32   #28
Senior Member+

We don't have much of a choice here. We used to lug eight litre bottles home from the supermarket until some enterprising soul came up with the idea of a water tanker.

He drives around the area every Saturday morning, tooting his horn, and all the locals take the empties out. At 90 cents for eight litres it isn't a bad deal.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 22:43   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I've never bothered with bottled water. The stuff that comes out of the tap has always done for me.
Suppose it depends on where you are. I can taste the difference between the water at home and the water in Accy at the homes of different relatives as they all taste different. My answer has always been to stick vimto cordial in it.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 22:51   #30
Give, give, give member

The water, or Corporation pop, as my Granny used to call it, that we get in Ossy is great to drink.

When I lived in London the water was rank, and horrible to taste, and the limescale deposits meant a new kettle every year or so.

The tap water in Dorset is definitely the worst I've ever drunk, although the water in Tanzania came a close second, even though that could've killed you, which doesn't apply in Dorset.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..