Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2009, 17:49   #1
God Member

Bradford and Bingley shares

Crikey where have I been hiding for the past 6 months. Have just had my tax voucher for end of tax year regarding these shares and noticed that I no longer have any shares due to the nationalisation of this bank!!!

Now I remember all the Northern Rock stuff and knew Bradford and Bingley had joined with abbey under the santander group but had no idea that the treasury now owned the rest and that this happened on the 29Sept 08.

Now the shares I had were the ones I got when they changed from building society to bank so they cost me nothing but I was keeping them either to give to my sons when they were older or for an emergency!!!

The people I really feel sorry for are the ones who re-invested in a special offer share purchase in Aug to help keep the bank going and just a few short weeks later they have lost everything!!!

And not one person has received a letter from the bank or the govt about this and whether there will be a chance of any compensation for those who re-invested.

It's sickening to think that shareholders own a company but yet the govt can just step in and nick it away... never mind that when it was looked at closer B & B's assets at the time outweighed their debt

Ok moan over now but it just really rankled cos if I had cashed them in a year ago I would have got about £700

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2009, 20:41   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Bradford and Bingley shares

Says it all !!

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really

Last edited by Benipete; 02-04-2009 at 20:44.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 23:32   #3
Give, give, give member

Bradford & Bingley shareholders may be able to claw back some of the money they lost following the nationalisation of the bank in September.

Under the terms of the compensation order, the value of B&B’s shares should be based on what the lender was worth immediately before its mortgage book fell into government hands and its savings arm was sold off to Santander on 29 September

Compensation hopes for Bradford & Bingley shareholders | Moneywise

If/when you receive any compensation for your shares, it'll probably only pay for enough petrol to get you to Bradford or Bingley.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 00:07   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Bradford & Bingley shareholders may be able to claw back some of the money they lost following the nationalisation of the bank in September.

Under the terms of the compensation order, the value of B&B’s shares should be based on what the lender was worth immediately before its mortgage book fell into government hands and its savings arm was sold off to Santander on 29 September

Compensation hopes for Bradford & Bingley shareholders | Moneywise

If/when you receive any compensation for your shares, it'll probably only pay for enough petrol to get you to Bradford or Bingley.
I believe they are only looking to compensate those that bought additional shares which is right as at least mine didn't cost me anything but some people have lost their life savings!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..