Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2006, 13:51   #16
Resident Waffler

Re: Brandy On His Steak !

This is definitely one of those "between Christmas and New Year" kind of threads. Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2006, 14:05   #17
Len
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
There is a Maurice Gulmartin in Gt Harwood who smokes cigars, he has two sons Simon and Nigel. Useless information I know ,as is the 'thread'.
Thanks Ian it is Maurice not Alan I was thinking about. His son Nigel lives more or less across the road from me.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:39   #18

Alan Gilmartin lived in Blackburn Road Clayton le Moors with his parents and brothers Kevin and Peter. Was training to be a Chef at the time and his brother Peter brought him a bottle of brandy back from France as a present and he tipped it on his his steak he was cooking. I know because I was there !
Pete Watson.
PS. Sorry for the quick reply but not on very often.
Watty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 17:07   #19

Only took just over a year to reply.
Old 12-01-2008, 18:44   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Better late than never. It's going to be a long wait for the next part of the story
Old 12-01-2008, 19:31   #21
Resting in Peace

Think there is some confusion here between 2 - Alan Gilmartins.

Our member on here, as stated, now lives in Tasmania and posts now and then.

The Alan Gilmartin I know (or who I was aware of) lived in Bailey Street, had a brother called Kevin and Peter and a sister .. Maureen (?). Unfortunately this gentleman died earlier last year and later in the year his son Stephen.

Kevin lives up Whalley Road in the Altham strip and Peter at the end of my road.

Gary, Alan Gilmartin's son, as above is a friend of my daughters and back in Clayton.

The mother of Alan, etc., lives in Stopford Court.

Not sure if this is the one that Watty means .. as seems the one in Tasmania (through his posts also has a brother called Kevin). Checked with the Kevin I know on this last year and he explained were two Alan Gilmartins that live/lived in Clayton. Clear as mud 'aint it ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 06:04   #22

Steeljack has just informed me of this thread. I am the Alan Gilmartin who Wynonnie refers to, seems like we've been mates for donky's years. And as for Watty he was or still is good friends with my brother Peter, so I used to see a lot of him at our house during the 1960s, he had a motorbike then, still dose, he used to give me a lift home to Clayton, sometimes if I saw hm in Blackburn, after the Mecca or the Cavendish closed , when I missed the last bus. He used to travel on the Continent in the 60s on his bike, not a lot of people doing that in those days. As for the steak bit I must have been pretty pie eyed then , I cant remember, mind you that was a lot of the time, hope Ive cleared that up.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 07:27   #23

There has always been confusion over the 2 Alan Gilmartins, 18 months ago I was in Clayton, walking down Arthur St, and a bloke said to me are you lost, I said no, Im just remanising about when I was growing up in Clayton, he said whats your name , I told him, he said bloody hell, your dead, I said nobody told me, He said no, the other Alan Gilmartin died three days ago. I think his name was Colin Clarke, I remember him from school, I would love to contact him again he new alot about Clayon.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..