Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2007, 21:03   #1
Passed away 25-11-09

Britain Has talent

Has anyone else been watching the auditions for this show? It's to find an act for the Royal Variety Performance. I have been impressed by a few - the 6 year old girl who sang "Over the Rainbow" was amazing - and I've howled with laughter at a lot who were so bad they were good, if you know what I mean.

I won't be watching the 2nd round, I'm not really interested in competition between people who are competent, but the auditions are an absolute tonic. The singers whose mums, you just know, have told them they're brilliant and are really dire and the "novelty acts" who are so abysmal you could weep for them, when you've stopped laughing. My favourite was the ventriloquist who had been practising his act for a whole 3 weeks - as Simon Cowell said, "Has nobody told you, you're not supposed to move your mouth?".

If you've seen it, what was your best "worst" performance?
Accrington Web
Old 13-06-2007, 21:08   #2
God Member

Re: Britain Has talent

I've really enjoyed watching the auditions, I dont have a particular favourtite but the worst for me as to be the guy who dressed as Kylie what was he thinking of.
Old 13-06-2007, 21:11   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

caught about 20 mins of this drivel tonight, only decent thing i saw was the young girls, how the producers arrived at that title- god only knows.
Old 13-06-2007, 21:14   #4
God Member

Some of them Cashy have been really good, but some of them are awful but think they're good which is hilarious.
Old 13-06-2007, 21:23   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
Some of them Cashy have been really good, but some of them are awful but think they're good which is hilarious.
probably so grego, but i,m probably old fashioned and rather proud to be a briton, and it really bugs me how they have the cheek to call it Briton Has Talent, hope its not shown elsewhere.
Old 13-06-2007, 21:27   #6

yes ive been watching it and its been very good that littel girl was good on last nights show
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2007, 21:51   #7
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
probably so grego, but i,m probably old fashioned and rather proud to be a briton, and it really bugs me how they have the cheek to call it Briton Has Talent, hope its not shown elsewhere.

Do you really believe that nowhere else in the world is populated by people who think they have talent - and don't? Do you think that the rest of the planet looks on Mr. Average Brit as a po-faced, straight-laced, upright, pompous, humourless gent? I hope not. One of our best, British qualities is our ability to laugh at ourselves. Long may it reign.
Old 13-06-2007, 22:16   #8
Accy Goddess

The little girl last night was Brilliant has was the young 11yr old on tonight's show.
There have been some really good acts on and some were absolutely horrendous.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 09:56   #9
Senior Member+

I may be an oddball, because I love the show.
It really makes me laugh.
Old 14-06-2007, 10:10   #10
Resident Waffler

It makes me laugh too, especially the ones who think they are talented and are hopeless - Simon Cowell's face is a picture!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 12:52   #11
Senior Member+

anyone watch last night's once again simon cowell proved he wouldn't know talent if it jumped up and slapped him in the face

that trampolinist was brilliant!
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 13:12   #12
Senior Member+

My money is on the rather ugly bloke with the great voice ! Or the little girl who sang "Wouldn't it be luvverly?"
Old 14-06-2007, 20:02   #13
Senior Member+

i agree lindsay 'wudnt it be luverly' was a brilliant performance
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 20:38   #14
Passed away 25-11-09

That young boy, Dominic, reminds me of the teenage boy singers that were around in the 50s. He is a natural and so much better than most of the big names around today (they all sing down their noses). He looks a lovely kid too, I rather hope he wins.
Old 14-06-2007, 21:48   #15
Resident Waffler

Well Dominic hasn't got through which came as a bit of surprise but the reason Pierce gave - that they wanted variety not just singing - was an absolutely pathetic reason for voting for the monkey guy. At least the opera singer made it through but whoever was in charge of the sound balancing wants taking out and shooting.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..