Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2010, 15:40   #616

Re: Britcliffe monthly.

ive been reading this thread for some time when i have a spare minute in my lunch hour and i cannot beleive that you have so much time on your hands as to type bickering crap if you all think you can do better than those on the council have a go i can assure you all that mr Parkinson will be the same as mr Britcliffe if he got ellected there is no differnce to any of the leaders and there followers however the councillors who are doing there jobs in their own areas and making a differnce should be applauded i can see the point in ths callenders yes there is a alternative with the re-cycling callenders and information is enough but i am sure it is hard enough to tell everyone all the time whats happening in the borough and maybe certain members of the council should cease fillinf these forums with bickering rubbish and go and tell the people of their ward what they can do for them

this world would be a far better place if we all pulled in the same direction and stopped trying to win one over on each other all the time

now come on get on with what you are paid to do look after your area and let others do their jobs and if that isnt good enough the voters will do their bit when it matters
Tickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-09-2010, 15:50   #617
God Member

Tickler = Britcliffe (in disguise).
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 15:54   #618
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickler View Post
ive been reading this thread for some time when i have a spare minute in my lunch hour and i cannot beleive that you have so much time on your hands as to type bickering crap if you all think you can do better than those on the council have a go i can assure you all that mr Parkinson will be the same as mr Britcliffe if he got ellected there is no differnce to any of the leaders and there followers however the councillors who are doing there jobs in their own areas and making a differnce should be applauded i can see the point in ths callenders yes there is a alternative with the re-cycling callenders and information is enough but i am sure it is hard enough to tell everyone all the time whats happening in the borough and maybe certain members of the council should cease fillinf these forums with bickering rubbish and go and tell the people of their ward what they can do for them

this world would be a far better place if we all pulled in the same direction and stopped trying to win one over on each other all the time

now come on get on with what you are paid to do look after your area and let others do their jobs and if that isnt good enough the voters will do their bit when it matters
Only one thing to say to that... full stop
Old 08-09-2010, 16:00   #619

i can assure you your so far from the truth with that I think all the councillors should do what they are ellected for and support their areas they were elected in as well as trying to make things better and not just bickering and slagging off others who are elected by the people this does not help. If all the council tried to at least pull in a similar direction things would get done but all that appears to happen on hear is pulling in oposite directions so nothing will ever get accomplished
Old 08-09-2010, 16:02   #620
Common Sense Member

Quote:
A quick glance at my blog will show anyone who is interested what myself and Cllr Grayson do for Rishton. I'm just lucky enough to work from home a lot of the time and so can answer forums posts more or less straight away.

The views of the voters ultimately decide which of us make up the 35 seats on the council but how are they supposed to make informed decisions if they aren't aware of what is actually going on?

It was put to me several times whilst canvassing that some councillors are only heard from at election times and Accyweb is simply one of several ways of ensuring that will not be the case with this particular elected representative.

Some may see discussions as political bickering whereas the actual intention is simply to make people more aware. Many others post on these message boards and have cleared up matters which would otherwise have left the general public badly informed both politically and non-politically.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 16:08   #621

i aggree the forum is a great tool to get your point accross but ask then for suggestions on here from your readers and answer them with out scoring points over the other side wether it be conservative or labour or even the independants people come on here to find out allsorts and should be informed not Lectured at

i thought the council was on twitter for information anyway ????
Old 08-09-2010, 16:13   #622
Common Sense Member

Quote:
i can assure you your so far from the truth with that I think all the councillors should do what they are ellected for and support their areas they were elected in as well as trying to make things better and not just bickering and slagging off others who are elected by the people this does not help. If all the council tried to at least pull in a similar direction things would get done but all that appears to happen on hear is pulling in oposite directions so nothing will ever get accomplished
Which is where I'm afraid you are wrong.

Things do get accomplished and there are many projects going on across Hyndburn by different political groups which are seen as for the good of all. The general view of the council seems to be that all 35 councillors argue and bicker about every decision which is most certainly not true. However, the big decisions which end up costing hundreds of thousands of pounds really do need proper cross-party discussion which simply doesn't happen.

The Area Management calendar is a comparative drop in the ocean at around £3,000 but you wouldn't sniff if that suddenly turned up in your bank account and as my nana used to tell me, look after the pennies and the pounds take care of themselves.

Old 08-09-2010, 16:16   #623

you obviously dont read either i said i aggree about the callenders they should be abolished maybe you should read things before bickering about them
Old 08-09-2010, 16:19   #624
Common Sense Member

Quote:
i aggree the forum is a great tool to get your point accross but ask then for suggestions on here from your readers and answer them with out scoring points over the other side wether it be conservative or labour or even the independants people come on here to find out allsorts and should be informed not Lectured at

i thought the council was on twitter for information anyway ????
I have to admit to never having used Twitter and to be honest it doesn't really interest me in the way that a news article does. Still, it is there for those who want it.

Any suggestions are taken on board and in fact it is the basis for being a good councillor. I've said it before but I couldn't do half of what I do if people didn't get in touch and tell me they have a problem.

My main beef with Cllr Britcliffe is that we're in a recession, with a new government that is trying to make savings everywhere, so if he was truly committed to reducing wasteful spending then he would welcome my views. He doesn't and so I want to let the rest of Hyndburn know how money could be saved easily so that they can make a better decision about whether they agree with what is going on up at HBC.

If you don't like me spilling the beans about how your tax money is being wasted then I'll stop, but how else are you going to find out if councillors don't tell you?

Old 08-09-2010, 17:08   #625
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
No, in actual fact it is likely to be Nick Whittaker, Conservative councillor for Huncoat. Of course, the v-card could be a massive coincidence and there could be many N Whittakers in Huncoat but it's pointing in that direction, particularly as he has posted in the past with regard to public meetings in that village.

Prove me wrong, Mr Tickler.

Old 08-09-2010, 17:48   #626
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Or it could be:

How tickled I am!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 18:10   #627
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ive been reading this thread for some time when i have a spare minute in my lunch hour and i cannot believe that you have so much time on your hands as to type bickering crap if you all think you can do better than those on the council have a go i can assure you all that Mr Parkinson will be the same as Mr Britcliffe if he got ellected there is no difference to any of the leaders and there followers however the councilors who are doing there jobs in their own areas and making a difference should be applauded i can see the point in this callenders yes there is a alternative with the re-cycling callenders and information is enough but i am sure it is hard enough to tell everyone all the time whats happening in the borough and maybe certain members of the council should cease fillinf these forums with bickering rubbish and go and tell the people of their ward what they can do for them

That is what I've been saying for ages tickler, about all councilors of any party, and your right about the leadership too. When George Slynn was leader I gave him some real stick, but I respected him as a councilor and the work he did for his electorate. Its just a pity that his Comrades of many years didn't give him the same respect, thy kicked him into touch because he opposed the closing of county council homes for the elderly, he finished his political career standing as a Lib/dem candidate at the 2005 county elections. What a slight on a man who gave a near lifetime of service to the Labour movement
Old 08-09-2010, 18:23   #628
Give, give, give member

Quote:
ive been reading this thread for some time when i have a spare minute in my lunch hour and i cannot beleive that you have so much time on your hands as to type bickering crap
It takes extra time to type out all those capital letters, that come at the start of a sentence.

You might be happy that tax payers are funding totally unnecessary calendars. Which not everyone receives, incidentally.

Others think there are a million ways the money could be better spent in the borough.

Still, as long as you enjoyed adding to the thread, by having a little bicker, all's well that ends well.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 18:33   #629
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
No, in actual fact it is likely to be Nick Whittaker, Conservative councillor for Huncoat. Of course, the v-card could be a massive coincidence and there could be many N Whittakers in Huncoat but it's pointing in that direction, particularly as he has posted in the past with regard to public meetings in that village.

Prove me wrong, Mr Tickler.
I wouldn't like to see him in his trunks, as Mr. July, on next year's calendar.

Councillors - Nick Whittaker

Must be nice though.

Having a lunch hour long enough to read this whole thread.

Hope it didn't give him indigestion.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 18:50   #630
Common Sense Member

If it is him then it's blown my query at Leader's Question Time out of the water in a blaze of inaccurate glory. I suggested that Cllr Britcliffe banned his members from posting on this forum and he almost pulled a muscle laughing.

That told me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..