Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2006, 13:20   #1
God Member

Budget 20006 - any comments?

So we have the main guts now,

No £200 council tax rebate this year for pensioners

beer wine ciggys up in line with inflation (1, 4 and 9p respectively)

New level of Road fund license for 'new' gas guzzlers(i.e. 4x4's) but with no exepmtion for farmers etc who need them.

Public borrowing of £175BILLION over the next 5 years.

VAT on contraceptives cut to 5%

Inheritence Tax raised to £325K by 2009

Extra £250 Child trust fund at age 7

Fuel duty frozen till sept

Stamp duty rasied to 125K

Thats probably teh guts of it that affects normal bods.

So, good bad or not much change.....

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2006, 13:42   #2
God Member

Re: Budget 20006 - any comments?

Budget 20006 eh
Well, seeing as it doesnt take affect for another 18000 years, entwisi...I'm not too worried
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 13:51   #3
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

No more than expected really, although 9p or so on ciggies is a tad steep. No wonder so many people buy them abroad.

I was in Gibraltar a couple of weeks ago and noticed that B&H were £8.50 for 200, 85p per pack of 20. What do they cost here? Is it almost £5????? Whoever says that smokers should pay more for healthcare has the cheek of the devil... Petrol was about 65p per litre over there too, we are being robbed blind...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 14:03   #4
Give, give, give member

Inheritance tax should have been raised to about two million pounds, if it was to have been raised inline with inflation sine irt was introduced.

Smokers hit again by more than the rate of inflation, suprise suprise. If they really wanted to make people stop they could ban it outright. Smokers are just an easy group to target.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 14:20   #5
God Member

Gary, Smokers have beeen hit in line with inflation. 2% of £5 is 10p by my reckoning.

As for the year

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 14:24   #6
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
Gary, Smokers have beeen hit in line with inflation. 2% of £5 is 10p by my reckoning.

As for the year
...but the original price was already vastly over inflated.

They should cost £2.97 if they had risen with inflation over the last fifteen years.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 14:40   #7
Senior Member+

at least petrol prices arent goin up thanks to the budget - they're managing that themselves quite well!!!

though i have to worry bout where exactly is mr brown plannin to get money for all the wonderful things he's sayin
Old 22-03-2006, 14:45   #8
God Member

PUBLIC BORROWING 55 BILLION A YEAR FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS!!!!!!! Thats bonkers. Why do they need so much? Tax is high enough for some but not others so if they close loopholes etc they might need to borrow less. Its bad enough that people have high personal debt without the Govenment being up to its eyeballs in debt.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 14:48   #9
Senior Member+

a few of those labour loans shud come in handy in repayin them

hell i'm sure none of us wud mind if some billionaire paid a few quid in the uk coffers to be a lord...

lord abramavich perhaps sire?
Old 22-03-2006, 15:02   #10
God Member

Suprised they aint approached him with the offer of anything he wants if he gives them a "BUNG."

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 22-03-2006, 16:52   #11
Full Member+

Unhappy Re: Budget 20006 - any comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
at least petrol prices arent goin up thanks to the budget - they're managing that themselves quite well!!!

1.25p per litre on petrol/diesel from 01/09/2005, 3.21p per litre on LPG from 01/09/2005. The devil is in the detail!!
Old 22-03-2006, 16:55   #12
God Member

I just wonder how he's gonna pay the 175BILLION back over the next 6 years...
Tax and spend.. ah...
Old 22-03-2006, 17:17   #13
God Member

Depends on what he can sell and pawn off I suppose. Better make sure the crown jewels are locked up safe and sound.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 23-03-2006, 11:33   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Depends on what he can sell and pawn off I suppose. Better make sure the crown jewels are locked up safe and sound.
He can't sell off british Gas,The railways, BT, BP, Water,the electricity... The tories "did it, done it, spent it".. perhaps you can make us some nice pots of jam to sell at the next grouse shoot to shore up the the economy and increase money for education and health!
Driller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 11:51   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Inheritance tax should have been raised to about two million pounds, if it was to have been raised inline with inflation sine irt was introduced.

Smokers hit again by more than the rate of inflation, suprise suprise. If they really wanted to make people stop they could ban it outright. Smokers are just an easy group to target.
What is inheritence tax? and why do you get taxed on money that has probably already been taxed left right and center anyway? well you get taxed when you earn it and taxed when you spend it and taxed when you save it! so you actually mean you get taxed when you die and give it away?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..