Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2007, 20:46   #31
Resident Waffler

Re: Buses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Also if i am in a bus queue and there is an elderly person behind me i always let them go in front, especially if the bus is ready to set of. Because quite a lot of bus drivers seem to be getting ruder and not waiting for people to sit down before driving off, which really annoys me.
I find it ironic that there are signs telling you to ring the bell but stay seated until the bus stops when you want to get off, but then the bus sets off as soon as you get on before you've chance to sit down. I'm not elderly (yet) but I do have problems balancing and I simply cannot walk on a moving bus so if I haven't got to a seat when it starts I just have to hang on for dear life until the next stop!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-02-2007, 13:44   #32
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

and some of the drivers cant drive at all, like slamming there breaks on when you are getting off!! nearly fall on me bum!
Old 08-02-2007, 14:15   #33
Senior Member+

I've always stood up for the elderly on the Bus. Its just so drummed into me that a man around late 60's got on the bus once when I was 8 and a half month pregnant, and I automatically stood up, he laughed at me and told me to sit down. Its just what you do. Dont even get me started on the drivers. Not all of them, though there is a select few.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 14:24   #34
God Member

buses?

Don't use em

Seriously, Last time I caught a bus was ~2 years ago to go to Manchester for my laser surgery checkup(Was told I shouldn't drive) and before that I have absolutely no recollection.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 16:51   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
and some of the drivers cant drive at all, like slamming there breaks on when you are getting off!! nearly fall on me bum!
Hang on cats land on all four paws.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 16:54   #36
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Hang on cats land on all four paws.

You haven't met our cat!

Old 08-02-2007, 17:32   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Press the ding a ling and stay put till it stops. Mind you I have been on buses were they have set of before people are in their seat or even holding on.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 08-02-2007, 17:59   #38
Resident Waffler

One time I'd pressed the dingaling but the driver sailed on past my stop because I hadn't stood up and walked to the door! Where I get off is just round a corner after several road humps and I just cannot stand up on a bus bumping up and down and swinging round corners, let alone walk to the door! Most drivers do take notice of the ding ding but this one guy I've never seen before or since.

Old 09-02-2007, 03:02   #39
Resting in peace

It is never to late to repair something that is wrong with society, it's up to the generation bringing their children up now, to try to put things right and instill some self disipline and good manners into the up coming next generation. By all means try to see where we/us went wrong, and try to learn from the mistakes that were made.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:45   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
It is never to late to repair something that is wrong with society, it's up to the generation bringing their children up now, to try to put things right and instill some self disipline and good manners into the up coming next generation. By all means try to see where we/us went wrong, and try to learn from the mistakes that were made.
There has to be a willingness to fix it but thanks to interference from certain quarters it wont happen.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 09-02-2007, 06:47   #41
Resident Waffler

I try to teach my children respect and good manners and hopefully they learn something but they are ridiculed by their peers when they are polite and considerate, it's a long hard struggle.

Even the basic 'please' and 'thank you' seem to be missing from some people's vocabulary.

You hit the nail on the head I think Spuggie.

Old 09-02-2007, 12:34   #42
God Member

I was always taught good manners dont cost anything and have taught Lauren that. She even has the curtousy to thank the driver when she gets of a bus and the drivers to my eye appriciate it. Buses are a public domain and should have behavior on them that alludes to this but sadley too many consider it a playground or a gang area to do as they please. Good manners reflect on the parents as do bad manners so what people think of these kids parents must be that they are of the lowest kind.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 02:23   #43
God Member

Im sure Im going to go on a slight thread wander here ,and apologies beforehand, but at the end of the day it does all boils down to the same thing..
The majority of our generation ie(35_ 50)were actually brought up with morals, dicipline and manors. the generation before us being brought up much stricter than us, but IMHO the way our younger generation are today ,ISNT , entirly down to the parents, but also the government becoming too soft and introducing all these stupid laws and making yougsters become too aware of how they can intimidate parents./adults /elders/ authorities
I was brought up with good manners and woe betide me if i didnt use them and i HAD to always respect my elders ,which i did without another thought , including thanking the bus driver .
But again the generation we have today are so god damn ignorant and clever to the extent they know full well they can disrespect ANYONE and no,one including the police can do a thing.
They go around with a cocksure attitude knowing full well that no one can touch them because the law is so well publicised the fact that it is a childs world and decent dicipline is a no no, so why shouldnt they take the mik , ? they know they can !!! until.adults start standing up for themselves (which is something im working on at the moment by the way)once again and start regaining adult and parent rights ..ie like stricter dicipline in schools and with the police , our next generation and the one after and after are going to turn into absolute tearaways.
Im not saying ...lets beat them to a pulp....but what i am saying is bring back the dicipline ..it wont do them any harm at all..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:45   #44
God Member

I agree, bring back corporal punishment! Sack the PC brigade and make the country Great again!
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:47   #45
Apprentice Geriatric

Question Re: Buses

Is corporal punishment in the same army as general motors and major road-ahead?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..