Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2009, 06:21   #1
God Member

Butty Police

Seems that the nanny state is getting worse with the latest idea that they have. It seems that schools will now be checking what is in your childs butty box at lunch times. So is it for the welfare of the childs health or will it be a case of more blooming interference?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-03-2009, 06:41   #2
God Member

Re: Butty Police

agree tottally

Last edited by Mancie; 17-03-2009 at 06:51.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 06:42   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Seems that the nanny state is getting worse with the latest idea that they have. It seems that schools will now be checking what is in your childs butty box at lunch times. So is it for the welfare of the childs health or will it be a case of more blooming interference?
yeah i agree

Last edited by Mancie; 17-03-2009 at 06:49.
Old 17-03-2009, 08:13   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

This is not a new thing.
Old 17-03-2009, 08:17   #5
Senior Member+

schools that have healthy school status make a promise not to let any unhealthy food be eaten at school... they can lose it if they dont... i think it makes sense tbh, some parents send thie kids to school with jam buttys, chocolate, crisps and fizzy juice, not the best lunch is it?

im tired, that might not make sense....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 08:27   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
schools that have healthy school status make a promise not to let any unhealthy food be eaten at school... they can lose it if they dont... i think it makes sense tbh, some parents send thie kids to school with jam buttys, chocolate, crisps and fizzy juice, not the best lunch is it?

im tired, that might not make sense....
You don't have time to post on here, go and make a jam and chocolate butty for Grace
Old 17-03-2009, 08:40   #7
God Member

eh? yeah whatever
Old 17-03-2009, 09:26   #8
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Well, it would be an excellent thing if all children had perfect parents then we know the little darlings would be sent off to school with a lunch box crammed with all things that will do them good.

Dressed in a neatly pressed uniform with 'clean on', right down to the skin, (which has been scrubbed until it glows), smelling of air fresh Lenor, and shoes devotedly polished until mummy can see her face in them.

Being waved off after a big kiss & a hug by a doting parent clutching a tear soaked handkerchief, with the words, "Miss you darling my life will be empty until you return", ringing in their ears.

Unfortunately that doesn't happen for all, so if they turn up to school with an old Tupperware container that looks like it was last used for storing waste fat from a drain, with just a few of the most chemically soaked fast foods that wouldn't be given to a Lab' Rat, what happens? The teacher takes it off them, what happens next?

Does this kind teacher then take the child to the local health store and buy them something that will sustain them through the day or, does he/she Just leave the child to starve through lunchtime because they now have nothing to eat?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 10:25   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Does this kind teacher then take the child to the local health store and buy them something that will sustain them through the day or, does he/she Just leave the child to starve through lunchtime because they now have nothing to eat?
Worse, they are force fed the new super healthy school dinners even though their bodies are not used to it. They spasm with withdrawal symptoms from the fat and sugar they are used to as the teachers force boiled skinless chicken and fruit down their throats.
Old 17-03-2009, 10:50   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Worse, they are force fed the new super healthy school dinners even though their bodies are not used to it. They spasm with withdrawal symptoms from the fat and sugar they are used to as the teachers force boiled skinless chicken and fruit down their throats.
Ah, You mean they could suffer lack of concentration or even become disruptive in class ruining lessons for the skinny kids that live off Ryvita and Philidelphia Cheese?

Status Quo then?

Old 17-03-2009, 11:55   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

more crap from morons justifying their existence, so if a child has got the "Wrong" stuff in his butty box, what happens then? ya embarrass a kid, cos his parents are thicko's?
Old 17-03-2009, 14:04   #12
God Member

most kids who have parents on low incomes get free school meals, so its the kids who's parents work who mainly take buttiess into school, Reece went on butties in the last two years of primary school because the meals where that crap, he always took a ham, tuna butty, even sometimes a salad (which ive wrote on here before) yes he did take a bag of crisps and a chocolate bar but he did also take a couple of pieces of fruit or a tub of cherry tomatoes

what does it matter if the child likes Jam butties or not? Reece cant stand jam so i could never get away with putting anything on like that

Maybe jam is all the child likes on his/her butties...are the teachers going to let the kids starve by taking the jam butties away from them if thats all they have brought to school?

bollox if you ask me
Old 17-03-2009, 14:18   #13
Senior Member+

So what happens if you send them in with a bananna and sugar buttie ?
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 14:56   #14
Resting in Peace

some parents may only be able to afford bread and jam ....
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2009, 15:01   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies View Post
So what happens if you send them in with a bananna and sugar buttie ?
Hello, have I been blind or have you been missing for a while, just in case, welcome back!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..