Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2010, 11:49   #1
God Member

can you answer this question?

i am not normally stuck for words to describe something but am on this one.
Full Story:

a new lad started at work who happens to live in haslingden so we are car sharing. thing is he is a practicing muslim. we have had some ace discussionsand chats but he asked me a question i am stuck for an answer.

what does bacon taste like?

so how would you describe it? remember he has never eaten pork or gammon. the best i could come up wa thin salty slice of fried meat but not like beef or poultry.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2010, 11:55   #2
God Member

Re: can you answer this question?

tell him to go to blackburn college canteen and ask his muslim bretherin who chow down on bacon butties daily and i know this because i know someone who works there and serves them with it

apart from that i would say awsome i just had a bacon butty with lambs liver and egg

i prefer unsmoked back bacon myself

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 13-02-2010 at 11:58.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 13:08   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

That really is quite difficult ! Bacon is just Bacon, it's not comparable with any other meat as far as I can see. As to actually describing taste ? texture yes smell yes, but taste, absolutely stumped. It will take a wiser man than I
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 13:37   #4
Resting in Peace

Like Lamb but with a bit of swine in it
Old 13-02-2010, 13:55   #5
God Member

WikiAnswers - What does bacon taste like

It tastes like very, very salty, greasy chicken.

I disagree - bacon flavours vary widely according to how it is cured

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 14:06   #6
God Member

Tell him to read some of the historical records relating to cannibalism; if he is not convinced by that, then check various websites on bullet ballistics and target substitutes for the human body.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 15:36   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
That really is quite difficult ! Bacon is just Bacon, it's not comparable with any other meat as far as I can see. As to actually describing taste ? texture yes smell yes, but taste, absolutely stumped. It will take a wiser man than I
In Saudi you can buy Turkey Bacon and Beef Bacon, the Beef one had some similarity to real Bacon, but not quite enough.
Old 13-02-2010, 16:18   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
In Saudi you can buy Turkey Bacon and Beef Bacon, the Beef one had some similarity to real Bacon, but not quite enough.
All well & good Barrie mate, but Entwisi can't tell his mate that he'd still be non the wiser what does Bacon taste like ? I don't think it's going to be that easy to answer.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 16:37   #9
God Member

he could put some in his gob and prey for forgiveness

according to wikkipedia christians arnt supposed to eat it either although there is some debate on what was meant in teh bible by whats been put but i would say that the boat has long sailed on the bacon issue as far as christianity is concerned lol

i woud quote it but its religion and its very tedious as a result

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 13-02-2010 at 16:39.
Old 13-02-2010, 18:26   #10
Senior Member+

I guess its almost impossible to describe the taste of something to someone who hasnt tried it, unless what you are describing actually tastes like something else. How would you explain to someone what Cheese tastes like?

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 19:29   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
I guess its almost impossible to describe the taste of something to someone who hasnt tried it, unless what you are describing actually tastes like something else.
Best Regards - Taggy
gammon tastes like bacon

once you leave the pork group your kinda stuck unless bacon crisps are syntheticly flavoured and have never seen so much as a trotter off a pig

Last edited by accyman; 13-02-2010 at 19:32.
Old 13-02-2010, 19:38   #12
God Member

I actually asked if he was allowed to eat bacon 'flavoured' products that didn't contain pork but he isn't due to the pretense that it is actually Pig and therefore would be against the rules.....

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 20:00   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
gammon tastes like bacon

once you leave the pork group your kinda stuck unless bacon crisps are syntheticly flavoured and have never seen so much as a trotter off a pig
Thats exactly the point i'm making!

Incidently there is vegetarian "bacon"...ive had it at a vegetarian hotel in Keswick...but it didn't really taste like Bacon to my palette!

As i say....you try and tell someone what Cheese tastes like...what would you compare it too?

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010, 20:37   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
I actually asked if he was allowed to eat bacon 'flavoured' products that didn't contain pork but he isn't due to the pretense that it is actually Pig and therefore would be against the rules.....
hang on a sec who made that rule up im pretty sure synthetic flavouring wasnt around when the quaran was written, mind you the quaran dosnt say anything about viels either ,i guess like other religions things are added to suit as they go along.

try everything before you die then atone for it later if need be

Old 13-02-2010, 21:15   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
hang on a sec who made that rule up im pretty sure synthetic flavouring wasnt around when the quaran was written, mind you the quaran dosnt say anything about viels either ,i guess like other religions things are added to suit as they go along.

try everything before you die then atone for it later if need be
See my earlier quote; pig is like human - similar flesh, similar organs. The Muslims bury their bodies within a day because a corpse stinks like hell when its left out in the heat. It's the same with pig and it's the reason they don't like 'em wondering around the area or eating the stuff. It's at least one thing they and the Israelites have in common.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..