Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2005, 02:28   #1
Always EVIL within us

Can you Remind me Please?

Over the past decade or more, we have been inundated with dire warnings about the food we eat.

The latest worry is that if a child eats just one portion of chips per week, they are more likely to contract breast cancer. American scientists come to this conclusion after carrying out a survey. In the same survey it was shown that Broccoli also led to breast cancer. As most if not all kids eat chips, I would love to see their mathematics on this as they have no actual proof that potatoes or the fat causes this illness!

Can you remember what else is bad for us?
Attached Images
File Type: gif chiplady.gif (22.8 KB, 223 views)
Old 20-08-2005, 07:03   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Can you Remind me Please?

Everything is bad for us, which is why I've given up taking any notice. They mentioned something on one of the televised reports yesterday about the fat content of chips being responsible. Apparrently kids who eat mashed potatos are at less risk than those who eat chips. This is where I stopped listening, because anyone who makes mash like I do, with a big blob of butter and a splash of cream or milk would surely be getting just as much fat..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2005, 13:13   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i think i know what else is bad for us= taking notice of these who have highly paid jobs telling us,if we took notice of all we are not supposed to eat geldof would have to organise a gig to aid us= cos we would be starving.
Old 20-08-2005, 14:01   #4
white rabbits

saturated marg
eggs
beef
salmon
asprin ,you can only have 16now,
pork
e numbers
thats just a few
for a moment i thought i was writing out my shopping list. i take no notice .i just get onwith it now and remember the words of the,,,,,,,,, BEVERLEY SISTERS SONG ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
its ilegal its imoral or it makes you fat ..its the last one that i have a problem with ..lol
Old 20-08-2005, 21:04   #5
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
saturated marg
eggs
beef
salmon
asprin ,you can only have 16now,
pork
e numbers
thats just a few
You missed out Beef, it can send you quite mad you know
Old 20-08-2005, 21:19   #6
God Member

not to mention all the so called "healthy" food that are killing us with all the pesticides sprayed on them when growing!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2005, 21:22   #7
Always EVIL within us

Its just been announced that chemicals in hair dyes raise the risk of dementia according to recent research and that Hair Dressers in particular can suffer early onset of Alzheimers and Motor Neurone disease. - - - when the red red robin comes bob bob bobbing along........What was I saying? Oh yeah, disease! Peter Pepper picked a----- Roll out the barrel, we'll have---- My head hurts, I will go and put my Greecian 2000 on and go to bed!
Old 20-08-2005, 23:14   #8
white rabbits

nutter
Old 20-08-2005, 23:58   #9

why has there been no mention of booze and the red dyes in curries.like a few people have said earlier,you are what you eat if we did take notice of these highly paid pen pushing stat releasing folk then we would also not be driving,crossing the road,smoking,ooh on the computer at this time cause dont forget we all need an average of six to eight hours sleep.
what a load of junk do what the hell you want i had a friend who never drunk,smoked and walked up pendle every weekend,went running midweek.guess what yes sorry to say he passed away at the age of 38 heart attack
scooby12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2005, 00:03   #10
Give, give, give member

Everything is bad for you, unless you chew it a hundred times before you swallow it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2005, 22:19   #11

Wasn't there a big scare about cling film in the late 80's?
PILKYBUSDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2005, 22:32   #12
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILKYBUSDRIVER
Wasn't there a big scare about cling film in the late 80's?
The only one I can remember is not to use cling film in microwaves, anyone remember anything else? (nothing sexual please )
Old 21-08-2005, 22:36   #13

It was a scare about it causing cancer.I'm definitely not imagining it.
PILKYBUSDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..