Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2007, 23:49   #1
God Member

Cash for Honours..again

BBC news are claiming that after 7 months of enquires,dawn raids and £millions spent that there will be no charges made against the 100's of civil servants,MP's,Lords or anyone questioned or arrested by the top investigating officers.
I accuse the Police,at the very least,of political bias, incompetence,wasting public funds, and squandering millions on an investigation into what most taxpayers would see as a waste of time and money... time and money that would have been better spent on catching criminals!

a quick edit.. this was all started by a Scottish MP who found a 200yr law that rightly bans money being paid for peerage... the same MP was recently outed for to hotels with "young girls" more the merrier

Last edited by Mancie; 19-07-2007 at 23:57.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-07-2007, 23:51   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Cash for Honours..again

guilty or not, it was a complete waste of money.
Old 20-07-2007, 14:08   #3
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I wonder who is going to pay the personal costs of some of those 'investigated'?, I personally thought it would be a whitewash (is that pc) always the same when the investigators investigate themselves.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 14:49   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
I wonder who is going to pay the personal costs of some of those 'investigated'?, I personally thought it would be a whitewash (is that pc) always the same when the investigators investigate themselves.
the TAXPAYER as usual i would think.
Old 20-07-2007, 14:59   #5
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the TAXPAYER as usual i would think.
Lord Levi seems fond of donating cashy he, mighn't be paying his own.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 15:34   #6
Apprentice Geriatric

Unhappy Re: Cash for Honours..again

Why am I not surprised at the outcome? It was always on the cards.
Quote:
You don’t really mean that do you cashman? It can’t be a waste of money if guilt was proven.

What this has lead to is renewed calls for government funds (for government read taxpayer) to fund political parties with renewed vigour and apparently more support.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..