Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2006, 11:52   #1
Resting in peace

Cattle and Greenhouse Gas.

:engsmil: An Irish scientist, has discovered that twenty nine per cent of their
greenhouse gas emissions, come from the front and rear of cattle.
Methane gas is one of the worst things for trapping co2 in the atmosphere, New Zealand also puts aprox 40 tons of methane out, how are they going to meet their commitments to the Kyoto Treaty?
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-09-2006, 12:11   #2
God Member

Re: Cattle and Greenhouse Gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W.
:engsmil: An Irish scientist, has discovered that twenty nine per cent of their
greenhouse gas emissions, come from the front and rear of cattle.
Methane gas is one of the worst things for trapping co2 in the atmosphere, New Zealand also puts aprox 40 tons of methane out, how are they going to meet their commitments to the Kyoto Treaty?
Is this one of the usual threads you post or something serious?

If serious then the global warming issue is worse than we are being lead to believeand unfortunatelay the one cure seems to have a slight health problem as there aint gonna be enough left soon. I am refering to trees as they use carbon dioxide to make food and release oxygen. So in essence we are not only cooking ourselves but slowly heading towards sufficating ourselves as well.

On a lighter note how much greenhouse gas does 6 billion people produce in a year when breathing farting and burping? Cant just do away with all New Zealand and Australias sheep South America's cattle or vegitarians because of a "gas" problem.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2006, 12:22   #3
I am Banned

cow flatulance lol

well i guess that i am helping teh planet coz ime eating the bloody cow

shame on you vegitarians
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2006, 12:52   #4
Resting in peace

:engsmil: Of course this is a serious thread, what I want to know is how are they going to deal with it, what nature of tax are they going to impose on the worse offenders. better still what will they call the tax?
Old 19-09-2006, 13:25   #5
God Member

They could tax cattle and sheep based on ther emmisions same as cars. Snag is a cow with a serious gas problem might be slaughtered to save some cash and Chavs steak n chips price will increase 5 fold.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 19-09-2006, 13:32   #6
Resident Waffler

Simple - every dairy and beef farmer must plant one tree per cow.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2006, 16:45   #7
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Actually the New Zealand government did try to impose a tax (the fart tax) a few years ago....

Like most fart related issues there was no real substance to it and was just a lot of hot air...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2006, 19:21   #8
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
Actually the New Zealand government did try to impose a tax (the fart tax) a few years ago....

Like most fart related issues there was no real substance to it and was just a lot of hot air...
:engsmil: Lettie I must take issue with you on the tax, they tried to impose a 'hot air' tax, but the farmers started a group called, Farmers Against Stupid Taxes, F.A.R.T. for short.
Another suggestion put forward by the powers that be, was (and I jest not) was getting the cows to try to hold their wind!:engsmil:
Old 20-09-2006, 16:48   #9
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
:engsmil: Lettie I must take issue with you on the tax, they tried to impose a 'hot air' tax, but the farmers started a group called, Farmers Against Stupid Taxes, F.A.R.T. for short.
Another suggestion put forward by the powers that be, was (and I jest not) was getting the cows to try to hold their wind!:engsmil:
What issue are you taking with me exactly??????? You have just more or less said what I said..

I don't understand where the issue is..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 17:57   #10
Resident Waffler

How can Farmers Against Stupid Taxes be shortened to the acronym F.A.R.T. ?

Old 20-09-2006, 20:02   #11
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
How can Farmers Against Stupid Taxes be shortened to the acronym F.A.R.T. ?
It's called spot the deliberate
mistake this thread was put in the wrong place "by me" stupid as I am,
please mr moderator will you move it to anything goes as it is complete codswallop. sorr------e.
Old 20-09-2006, 23:18   #12
God Member

Quote:
It's called spot the deliberate
mistake this thread was put in the wrong place "by me" stupid as I am,
please mr moderator will you move it to anything goes as it is complete codswallop. sorr------e.
Well if all that waste gas is causing trouble and aiding global warming then how can it be codswallop? Global warming is a big issue and it is not just industry that is to blame. Ok it sounds daft that sheep and cattle can add to the problem but think how many there are just to feed and cloth us. As I stated we need tha Amazon but its being destroyed by loggers, the algie in the sea can absorb some but as the sea gets warmer they die off so the 2 possible saviours are taking a beating and in the end we are the losers.

Hell there is enough crud comes out of the refinery up here to help warm the planet. And they cant deny it is only a small problem when it snows and everywere is covered and Grangemouth isnt due to the candles at that place. Also on a bad day you can smell and taste what goes into the air.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 21-09-2006, 08:08   #13
Resident Waffler

Crikey Ianto, talk about over reacting. I only asked how they managed to get the acronym FART when the third word began with S.

Old 21-09-2006, 09:49   #14
God Member

Why don't they just stick one end of a tube up the cow's arse, the other end to a gas bottle on it's back and when that gets full, feed it into the national grid, thus preserving our precious supplies of North Sea gas?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 10:13   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Why don't they just stick one end of a tube up the cow's arse, the other end to a gas bottle on it's back and when that gets full, feed it into the national grid, thus preserving our precious supplies of North Sea gas?
Tealeaf thats animal rights would have a field day. We get sugar free fat free additives and preservative free food yet science cant stop a cow munching grass from having a gas problem. Anyone that came up with a cure whould be rich beyond ther wildest dreams.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..