Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2007, 06:49   #46
God Member

Re: Celebrity tripe.

Heh, I took some tripe into work for our Philipino colleagues to try (After they had force fed one of our lads Ballut when he was over there!).

I quite like it and actually Mancie its already cooked when you buy it. Its been boiled and bleached normally.

OX toungue isn't that expensive either. They sell it at Tescos and its no where near as expensive as rare cooked angus beef or even teh proper roasted Ham on the bone.(my mum buys tongue every week).

However, whilst I'm happy to eat tripe I can't get my head around effectively french kissing a cow!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2007, 11:32   #47
Resting in peace

Quote:
entwisi, OX toungue isn't that expensive either. They sell it at Tescos and its no where near as expensive as rare cooked angus beef or even teh proper roasted Ham on the bone.(my mum buys tongue every week).
Not having the advantage of access to a Tesco supermarket Ian, I will have to take your word that Ox Tongue is cheaper than 'rare cooked Angus Beef', and the 'real Roast Ham on the bone' which I would dearly love to get my plastic choppers round, but unfortunateley they to are out of my reach.

Last edited by Ianto.W.; 21-03-2007 at 11:35.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 11:33   #48
Senior Member+

My brother works on Alltons Fruit & Veg stall on the market and on his dinner break went to Peggys, and Gordon came and sat with him for his dinner (Gordon had Cheese Pie) he said he was a very nice bloke. He's got a good picture with him. Hes still in town because he said he was going to go to the Stanley game.

Anyway tripe is bloody awful!!! Even if it is cooked by Gordon Ramsay!!!!
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 12:27   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
My brother works on Alltons Fruit & Veg stall on the market and on his dinner break went to Peggys, and Gordon came and sat with him for his dinner (Gordon had Cheese Pie) he said he was a very nice bloke. He's got a good picture with him. Hes still in town because he said he was going to go to the Stanley game.

Anyway tripe is bloody awful!!! Even if it is cooked by Gordon Ramsay!!!!
What, so he's staying till Saturday??? - Unless he meant he's going to the reserve game tonight.
Oh and my view on tripe, definately should never be cooked - can't beat honeycombe tripe with all the holes filled up wi' vinegar
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 12:39   #50
Resident Waffler

What do they bleach it with?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 12:56   #51
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
What do they bleach it with?
I would imagine the same stuff you use to whiten your whites or remove stains.
Old 21-03-2007, 13:01   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Not having the advantage of access to a Tesco supermarket Ian,
Your location says Accrington. I do believe I've seen it in the Tesco Express in .... Accrington. At worst its a short journey to Haslingden and even ASDA on Hyndburn Rd sell it. Then there is the cooked meat stall on the outside market. I can't recall it being particularly dear on there either.

Old 21-03-2007, 13:13   #53
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Your location says Accrington. I do believe I've seen it in the Tesco Express in .... Accrington. At worst its a short journey to Haslingden and even ASDA on Hyndburn Rd sell it. Then there is the cooked meat stall on the outside market. I can't recall it being particularly dear on there either.
It was the way you worded it that amused me Ian 'Rare Angus Beef' instead of Roast Beef, absolutly no offence intended, is the Tesco Express the old filling station on Abbey St?
Old 21-03-2007, 13:46   #54
God Member

yes its the Abbey St. petrol station,

The "rare angus beef" referred to roasted chunk of aberdeen angus moo cow cooked 'rare' rather than some mythical species of moo.

Old 21-03-2007, 21:19   #55
Resting in peace

There once was a time Ian when my earning power far exeded yours, so the last thing I need is a lesson in the quality or type of food on offer at a market stall or an upper market in your opinion speciality counter this is not meant to insult your inteligence, as my reply was a 'tongue' in cheek answer.
Old 21-03-2007, 21:22   #56
God Member

ooooooooooooo handbags at the ready
Old 21-03-2007, 21:27   #57
God Member

I love tripe. I don't like it cooked.....I love it with plenty of salt and vinegar with chips......HMMMMMMMMMMM my mouth is watering at the thought

Gingers mum makes tripe and onions......and it's crap!!!

DON'T COOK TRIPE

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 21:45   #58
Accy Goddess

Tripe ewwwww yuk!
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2007, 21:48   #59
Resting in peace

Quote:
slinky, I love tripe. I don't like it cooked.....I love it with plenty of salt and vinegar with chips......HMMMMMMMMMMM my mouth is watering at the thought
Let me know when your having it again slinky the wife and I will join you, I'll do the honours.
Old 22-03-2007, 06:58   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
There once was a time Ian when my earning power far exeded yours, so the last thing I need is a lesson in the quality or type of food on offer at a market stall or an upper market in your opinion speciality counter this is not meant to insult your inteligence, as my reply was a 'tongue' in cheek answer.

Err, hang on there. At what point was earning power brought into this? I've never made a single reference to money either yours or mine(and I wonder how you know what my earning potential actually is??? ) or even quality of the food on offer. I referred to your statement about tongue being one of the most expensive cooked meats when plainly it isn't. I then offered you proof and possible savings and you come back like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..