Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2008, 19:28   #16
God Member

Re: Chickenless KFC

This has reminded me that many years ago the KFC at Salmesbury was prosecuted for serving up the rooks that roosted in the tall trees that once grew nearby.[/quote]

What a load of rubbish - surely you don't believe that. Thats worse than the Sport headline World War 2 Bomber Found On Moon.[/quote]

It may well have been before your time - it was the only KFC within an hours travelling distance then.
Probably other oldies will remember too - caused quite a stir at the time

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-01-2008, 19:31   #17
God Member

PS - KFC are franchised outlets and the only control KFC has over them is that they MUST use the original KFC coating to the chicken(?) pieces

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 19:34   #18

I love KFC, rooks or no rooks its still "finger licking good"!!!!
Old 17-01-2008, 20:27   #19
God Member

For those that didn't watch it The Jamies Foul Dinners pointed out that KFC etc all use the cheapest chicken they can buy. as in 13 birds/m^2

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 21:47   #20
Resting in Peace

used to like the spare ribs they did... but they no longer do them: The one on Blackburn Road was far better than the one we have now:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 21:47   #21
God Member

Hell hole.
Old 17-01-2008, 21:51   #22
God Member

mmm KFC, the love of my life. I sometimes take the bus down to the one in town just to get gravy then come back home. I got a salad at KFC once and it was rubbish. I was very disappointed.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 22:00   #23
Resident Waffler

Oooh I'd forgotten all about those spare ribs. Yes they were good.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2008, 22:55   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its just around the corner from us, never been in, tryed the one at salmesbury a couple of times when under the influence in the 60s n it was crap, so if it was crap when drunk, a sober cashy going in= NO CHANCE.
Old 17-01-2008, 23:32   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
that might be cuz all the greedy sods in the hospital have eaten it, because they are so hungry (you are talking about the one nr hospital arnt ya?)
i agree with you there all the hospital patience have eaten all the chicken lol as hospital meals arnt very filling.
Old 19-01-2008, 21:58   #26

Blimey it must be bad if it tastes bad when your drunk. Not a fan of KFC, go there now and again when im out with friends but otherwise avoid it. Like entwisi said, very cheap chicken, think it said they say around 30p for a chicken (not 100% sure on that price so feel free to correct me).
Old 20-01-2008, 12:05   #27
God Member

The Accrington one always seem to have run out of one thing or another, it's quite near the residential home where I work and one of our residents in particular likes to call in for a cup of tea when she's out for a walk with staff.
A couple of weeks ago she called in for her cuppa as usual but it wasn't till after she'd been served with it that staff realised they'd run out of milk, unfortunately the lady in question doesn't like to wait for her drink to cool down & can get quite upset about it so the staff member asked if she could have it cooled with water and was gobsmacked when they refused saying they weren't allowed to serve tap water, apparently on health & safety grounds???
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 12:16   #28
Resting in Peace

Why do you think its called KFC = Kant Find the Chicken
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 17:02   #29
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

i thought it was krunchy fatty chicken...
Old 21-01-2008, 06:24   #30
Resting in Peace

No Panther thats the one on Blackburn road
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..