Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2010, 19:31   #1
Senior Member+

Coffee Beanz

As I had not had the chance to visit the said establishment until this visit, therefore I would not make any comment.
Today we went into Coffee Beanz, nicely laid out, tables clean, comfortable chairs & friendly service.
The Espresso and Latte were OK, not the best but certainly not the worst.
Littlepom settled for scrambled egg, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes and a side salad. I carefully explained that there was to be no toast or any other bread anywhere near the order - in fact I went over that requirement twice.
The tomatoes, mushrooms and salad were great, but the scrambled eggs looked a little - shall we say - different. We decided that it was because the eggs had been dropped into a frying pan and stirred around. Not a very appetising appearance but tasted OK.
However, we would guess that an unclean frying pan, one that had perhaps been used to fry bread in, was used to "scramble" the eggs. Subsequently littlepom was violently ill one hour later - a classic symptom of having consumed even a minute amount of gluten within the last hour.
I chose the bacon sandwich. I have had worse bacon sandwiches - just can't remember where
We certainly won't be patronising the place any more - once was enough.
Accrington Web
Old 25-10-2010, 20:00   #2
Super Moderator

Re: Coffee Beanz

Should've gone to Imposta, Barrie!
Old 26-10-2010, 08:34   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Should've gone to Imposta, Barrie!
Will certainly give that one a try next time Wyn - thank you.
Old 26-10-2010, 08:35   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Will certainly give that one a try next time Wyn - thank you.
fer what its worth, its the best in my book.
Old 26-10-2010, 12:37   #5
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
As I had not had the chance to visit the said establishment until this visit, therefore I would not make any comment.
Today we went into Coffee Beanz, nicely laid out, tables clean, comfortable chairs & friendly service.
The Espresso and Latte were OK, not the best but certainly not the worst.
Littlepom settled for scrambled egg, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes and a side salad. I carefully explained that there was to be no toast or any other bread anywhere near the order - in fact I went over that requirement twice.
The tomatoes, mushrooms and salad were great, but the scrambled eggs looked a little - shall we say - different. We decided that it was because the eggs had been dropped into a frying pan and stirred around. Not a very appetising appearance but tasted OK.
However, we would guess that an unclean frying pan, one that had perhaps been used to fry bread in, was used to "scramble" the eggs. Subsequently littlepom was violently ill one hour later - a classic symptom of having consumed even a minute amount of gluten within the last hour.
I chose the bacon sandwich. I have had worse bacon sandwiches - just can't remember where
We certainly won't be patronising the place any more - once was enough.
We've already had one uncomplimentary thread advertising Coffeebeanz shut down, let's not make it two.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 12:50   #6
God Member

how can something giving people the heads up be deleted? if there was a crash somewhere and someone said avoid it, would that be deleted? i think not, if we have an opinion on something i think we should let others know, constructive criticism and all that
Old 26-10-2010, 12:52   #7
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
how can something giving people the heads up be deleted? if there was a crash somewhere and someone said avoid it, would that be deleted? i think not, if we have an opinion on something i think we should let others know, constructive criticism and all that
It was a joke, woman.

QUIET.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 13:59   #8
Resting in Peace

I think If I was making an accusation I would stear away from the words "guess" and "perhaps"But thats just my idea of fair play.

Proof is in the pudding,Don't have the bread one. Hope all is well now.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 18:45   #9
Senior Member+

Never been and I certainally wont be now with the thread previous and now this one, thanks for your review Barrie
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 18:46   #10
God Member

Yo! Beanz Meanz Britcliffe!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 18:18   #11
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Yo! Beanz Meanz Britcliffe!
It must be .The Beacon which came through my letter-box today gave it a front page mention , referring to a cafe on a new mezzanine floor .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 18:31   #12
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

This Mezzanine ? Mezzanine (architecture), an intermediate floor between main floors of a building.

Was under the impression it was on the balcony & as that is the only other "floor" as opposed to the "ground floor" how can it then be mezzanine ? Curiouser & curiouser !

I know, splitting hairs really.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 18:35   #13
Senior Member+

I think thay are trying to make it sound better that what it is but with no back-up!
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 18:48   #14
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heth View Post
I think thay are trying to make it sound better that what it is but with no back-up!
But they used the word Cafe ? Surely Bistro or Brasserie, are far better in terms of Lah-de-dah & dandification. Come on if your going to be all arty-farty & poncey, at least do it large (And knobs on preferably Brass)
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2010, 19:09   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
This Mezzanine ? Mezzanine (architecture), an intermediate floor between main floors of a building.

Was under the impression it was on the balcony & as that is the only other "floor" as opposed to the "ground floor" how can it then be mezzanine ? Curiouser & curiouser !

I know, splitting hairs really.

Read it further down Dave ... re. can be the top floor of a building ...

Anyways .. is quite a common word .. you not been brought up proper ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..