Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2008, 21:28   #1
Senior Member+

Coincidence or What?

I had a wire clean up on Friday afternoon because it looked like a snake's wedding behind my computer desk. My router was annoying me where it was plugged in and so I moved it to another socket.

I've had nothing but trouble with my internet connection all weekend and even though 'im indoors thought I was being stupid, I moved it back. It's been perfect for the last hour.

Did I 'mend' it or was it just coincidence? If I mended it why?

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-12-2008, 22:00   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Coincidence or What?

Some things just need to be unplugged and then plugged back.Can't comment further on that one.:

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 22:05   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junetta View Post
My router was annoying me where it was plugged in and so I moved it to another socket.
What type of socket are you talking about? - mains socket? If so you may have a wiring problem with that socket as in loose terminals or dirty contacts.

Those power plugs and sockets in Spain are very poor IMHO
Old 07-12-2008, 22:18   #4
God Member

Quote:
I had a wire clean up on Friday afternoon because it looked like a snake's wedding behind my computer desk. My router was annoying me where it was plugged in and so I moved it to another socket.

I've had nothing but trouble with my internet connection all weekend and even though 'im indoors thought I was being stupid, I moved it back. It's been perfect for the last hour.

If I'ts not broken....don't mend it.
I have had no trouble with my connection in Spain, and I'ts cheaper for the line and the connection.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 22:49   #5
Senior Member+

Well, whatever I did it's still working. I agree that the leccy is pretty bad here Neil.

You are really lucky Roy. It costs me thirty nine euros a month for my internet and another nineteen for the line. Thankfully, my calls are fairly cheap.

Talking of which, I'm hiding my mobile bill as I ran it up quite a lot whilst I was in Ossy. Naughty me!!

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 23:39   #6
Give, give, give member

I unplugged my pc from the socket it was in, to the one next to it, so I could plug in an air fresher what'sit, and my internet connection went down.

Moved it back to the original socket and bingo, it's back!

Somethings are best left alone.

Welcome back June x

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:06   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I unplugged my pc from the socket it was in, to the one next to it, so I could plug in an air fresher what'sit, and my internet connection went down.

Moved it back to the original socket and bingo, it's back!

Somethings are best left alone.

Welcome back June x
Air fresher what'sit, Rindi, is that some sort of new thingy
Old 08-12-2008, 10:54   #8
God Member

whats'it airfreshners smell of cheese

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:08   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
whats'it airfreshners smell of cheese

Nice one accyman, nice is Rindi writting your script
Old 08-12-2008, 19:45   #10
I am Banned

Quote:

Probably a bit of verdigris on the connection, sometimes unplugging things and then plugging back in can scrape some of the verdigris off. Slight trace of moisture in the air can cause it.
Telephone connections are a favourite place for verdigris to grow, especially on copper wires and brass connections.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..