Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 17:21   #1

Colour change

Now that your hair has turned white or grey.....do you still look on life the same way?
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-02-2012, 17:33   #2
God Member

Re: Colour change

Quote:
Originally Posted by talentedbutslow View Post
Now that your hair has turned white or grey.....do you still look on life the same way?
Of course I do .... although most of the grey is in my beard. Same twisted world view I've had for a coon's age.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 17:35   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well I'm not quite there yet, sadly, and going by my father don't think I will either
Old 01-02-2012, 17:44   #4
God Member

I've gone through a couple of colour changes in my life. When I was a teenager it was sort of light brown blonde-ish, then when I got into my forties it darkened to almost black and now it is sort of half and half gray and black. Very peculiar, luv. My beard has always been four different colours. I still think I'm twenty. Though my partner says that you could be forgiven for thinking sometimes that I was only three. Petulant, Moi, luv?
Old 01-02-2012, 18:06   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Have never really changed the way i view life a great deal Tal, though believe or not i'm a lot more tolerant. n i'm well grey now.
Old 01-02-2012, 18:14   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I started life as white, now it seems I'm cocasian.

Must be a women to blame for it, colour charts are a confusion thanks to their interference, if I want brown I've to ask for tan, if I want yellow it's now lemon, (no, a lemon is yellow. The colour yellow isn't a lemon).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 18:15   #7

White or grey? I spend a lot of time (and money) making sure it's attractive tones of blonde! I like to think I look on life in the same way but possibly not - I'm not as tolerant now or as driven as I used to be. But I don't feel my age - when I was recently described in my hospital notes as a fifty six year old woman I wondered who they were talking about! In my head and without looking in a mirror I tend to think of myself as being in my mid thirties, but seeing that my son's that age it's just not possible!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 18:44   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
White or grey? I spend a lot of time (and money) making sure it's attractive tones of blonde! I like to think I look on life in the same way but possibly not - I'm not as tolerant now or as driven as I used to be. But I don't feel my age - when I was recently described in my hospital notes as a fifty six year old woman I wondered who they were talking about! In my head and without looking in a mirror I tend to think of myself as being in my mid thirties, but seeing that my son's that age it's just not possible!
Well I can certainly subscribe to that Anne, I certainly don't feel 65, in fact I keep saying to myself 65 na, the only problem is although I live on my own, I see this strange person looking at me in the mirror every morning when I go in the bathroom, the wizened old git don't half give me a fright
Old 01-02-2012, 18:50   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well I can certainly subscribe to that Anne, I certainly don't feel 65, in fact I keep saying to myself 65 na, the only problem is although I live on my own, I see this strange person looking at me in the mirror every morning when I go in the bathroom, the wizened old git don't half give me a fright
Yeh it gave me one yesterday.
Old 01-02-2012, 19:02   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
I never got the chance to find out-most of it disappeared before it could change colour.
Now going bald- I don't know about life but you certainly look at cold weather a different way!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 19:08   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yeh it gave me one yesterday.
Shut it you
Old 01-02-2012, 19:25   #12
God Member

Luckily I am still blonde - not a grey hair in sight, according to the lovely Andrea and Salvatore, who are in charge of my crowning glory. They do wonderful scalp massages and I come out of "Jean Louis David" in Cremona feeling a million dollars and it only costs **Euros a time! Cheap at twice the price - that and the "camp" banter -all us girls luv'em to bits

The "Swedish" blonde who naturally bleached out in the summer sun has gone though and I do need it "tweaking" twice a year now in winter

At 16 went through a "Human League" assymetric phase with one side lilac -done by mum's cousin Pat Croston in Ossy - am thinking of going back to that style for my next visit "in Patria"...Still a teenager at heart.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:16   #13
Senior Member+

It,s not white/grey it,s silver????
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:57   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
I never got the chance to find out-most of it disappeared before it could change colour.
Now going bald- I don't know about life but you certainly look at cold weather a different way!
Mine went the same way but only when i became a moderator on accyweb.
not sure if it all fell out though some was pulled out after a couple of years moderating
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:31   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
It,s not white/grey it,s silver????
I refer to it as Ash Blonde.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..