Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2003, 09:43   #1
KIPAX

Post Come over here Cock

Just read the Accy Observer and that old dear is still going for the nurses throat for calling her cock.

She had an apology from the hospital. She had an apology from the nurse. She was offered a meeting with the nurse so she could apologise in person.. Yet still she is taking it furthur.

Seems like a nurse is gonna be in a lot of trouble just for saying that.

I have been in hospital. They can call me cock, luv, or pillock if they want. so long as they sort me out

Thoughts?
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2003, 10:17   #2

Post Re: Come over here Cock

Just wondering if this woman making all the fuss has ever called anyone, a stranger or an aquaintance by a familiar name.  Cast the first stone and all that.
Old 28-03-2003, 18:42   #3
Junior Member+

[smiley=angry.gif] [smiley=angry.gif]Someone's probably told her she can get some compensation out of it if she tries hard enough. You know what it's like these days. Getting as bad as the USA. Doesn't matter that it comes out of our taxes.
PHEASANTPLUCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 21:48   #4
Junior Member+

i think even consdering action is a bit far fetched, big deal, we whine when hospital staff are rude to us, now we're whining when they show signs of politeness, what next?! ???
Old 03-04-2003, 22:02   #5
Junior Member+

not read the story but i hope the nice lady comes down with something and gets some "special" hospital treatment......some of the people in this country make me want to scccccccccrrrrrrrrreeeeaaaaaaaammmmm.
hanchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 12:27   #6
Junior Member+

there's nout wrong with using the word 'cock' I used it all the time and people love it!
meesle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2003, 19:39   #7
Junior Member+

I thought that hospitals were there to save lives. They´ve got their hands full with her because she needs to get a life first!
gpovanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 21:29   #8
Senior Member+

The nickname ' cock' derives from cocker spaniel.Maybe the lady in question was a real dog and does not want to be reminded.
Old 12-07-2003, 00:21   #9
beeka

i would have loved it if the nurse i asked to take my nan to the bathroom while in hospital had said ok "cock". instead i was told to p*** off",i have a complaint in at the moment!!
we have to remember that everyone makes mistakes and not too take life too seriosly though.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:02   #10
Resting in Peace

There are a lot worse things going on in hospitals than being called "COCK"
i went in blackburn fo a op on the sunday nil by mouth all day got ready for surgary the following morning went to theatere put on monitors the anethatist was ready to put me out and the surgen came in and sed i could go home there was no bed in recovery so went back to ward had a brew then the operating theatere rang ward asking where i was they are waiting for me.
ended up getting another appointment 3 months later
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 10:38   #11
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

As an NHS employee, believe me this lady could've been called much worse than "cock" I know most of my patients personally and we have a laugh, despite being desperately busy and understaffed. Most people wouldn't take umbridge at a simple term of endearment as long as they get treated, but there's always one. :

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 10:44   #12
Senior Member+

Bloody diabolical.If somebody calls me cock then i would be very happy as it is a friendly Northern Greeting
Old 11-09-2003, 21:13   #13
Senior Member+

By the way was the woman in question a southerner

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..