Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2010, 08:17   #1
Senior Member+

Comment Please

I note that two prominent posters have not commented on Cashy's post -"Why No Mention"

I am somewhat surprised that we have heard nothing from Ken or Graham.

Please can they tell us what they would do about thje disrespect shown to the majority of the British Public, and even worse, to the fallen heroes from all over the Commonwealth, if they were in power at this time.

Also, what would be the punishment for those agitators and also the
law-breaking students at Millbank?
Accrington Web
Old 14-11-2010, 08:19   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Comment Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I note that two prominent posters have not commented on Cashy's post -"Why No Mention"

I am somewhat surprised that we have heard nothing from Ken or Graham.

Please can they tell us what they would do about thje disrespect shown to the majority of the British Public, and even worse, to the fallen heroes from all over the Commonwealth, if they were in power at this time.

Also, what would be the punishment for those agitators and also the
law-breaking students at Millbank?
not a surprise barrie "ALL" politico's usually avoid threads like this,like the plague.
Old 14-11-2010, 08:56   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Don't see why they should avoid it, if they leave out the party flag waving & political crap, but come on as members of the public expressing an opinion, which is "Theirs" & not party orientated, surely no one would condemn them ?
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 09:01   #4
Resting in Peace

Probable no political points to score
Old 14-11-2010, 11:02   #5
Super Moderator

To be fair, Graham hasn't been on since Friday anyway, and may possibly be tied up with his parliamentary work.

Quite surprised at the no-show from Ken though, as he usually has a refreshingly non-PC, but common sense approach to matters.

As for the rest of 'em, Labour politicos appear to show a curious reluctance to condemn anything to do with muslims, no matter how out of line. As for Tory politicos, none of 'em have the bottle to come on here anyway.
Old 14-11-2010, 11:07   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
To be fair, Graham hasn't been on since Friday anyway, and may possibly be tied up with his parliamentary work.

Quite surprised at the no-show from Ken though, as he usually has a refreshingly non-PC, but common sense approach to matters.

As for the rest of 'em, Labour politicos appear to show a curious reluctance to condemn anything to do with muslims, no matter how out of line. As for Tory politicos, none of 'em have the bottle to come on here anyway.
we got one on here wyn, "Whittaker" but he aint admitted that fact yet.
Old 14-11-2010, 11:32   #7
God Member

I didn't comment on that thread because I have nothing to add.
There is no debate there, just expressions of disgust one after another.
If there is anyone who disagrees with that disgust, they would be foolish to say so.

What was done was not illegal so our local politicians are being invited to suggest that it should be made so, by this thread.

To do that would be to invite the opening of a whole can of worms.
I like to think that I can make a legal protest on whatever topic I feel strongly about. The ones who died, died for that right. It should not be made illegal to offend anyones dignity.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 11:44   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

so inciting racial hatred is acceptable to you margaret? cos in effect thats what it was.
Old 14-11-2010, 11:51   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
so inciting racial hatred is acceptable to you margaret? cos in effect thats what it was.
I just considered it another anti war protest. The fact that it was made by muslims was incidental. The fact is that persons of any race who protest in such a way, are bound to offend public decency/dignity.

I did not feel incited to hate muslims - we all know that the actions of a few should not influence opinion on all of them.

Last edited by MargaretR; 14-11-2010 at 11:54.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 12:25   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I just considered it another anti war protest. The fact that it was made by muslims was incidental. The fact is that persons of any race who protest in such a way, are bound to offend public decency/dignity.

I did not feel incited to hate muslims - we all know that the actions of a few should not influence opinion on all of them.
it did not incite me to hate em, that is not the point, we live in a Jeremy Kyle society n it certainly inflames the dickheads in it. plus to me incitement is a crime.
Old 14-11-2010, 13:04   #11
Common Sense Member

I've been offline for a couple of days but to be honest you've all said what needs to be said. How can anyone possibly defend this, and furthermore defend a lack of retribution? The lack of prominent media coverage exemplifies just how controlled the media are nowadays, everyone I have told about it didn't know it had even happened.

I am a million miles away from the seat of power but it's funny how arrests for 'inciting racial hatred' only ever work one way in Great Britain. The turnout in Rishton this morning numbered in the thousands, the greatest display of local patriotism I have ever witnessed and I was proud to be a part of it. Any detractors are beneath contempt really.

As for the students, the violence was over the top but the general gist was in the right direction. Further education is once more becoming the realm of the priveliged and sod the poor who aspire to greater things.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 13:20   #12
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post

Thanks Steve, glad you see me in that light.

If something is wrong it is wrong full stop. Race doesn't come into it. The poppy burning fiasco was wrong and letting them get away with it, whatever party is pulling the Westminster strings, is equally wrong.

Shame on them all.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 14:26   #13
Give, give, give member

'Six Tyneside men have been arrested after filming themselves apparently burning copies of the Koran on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.
Police said the men, all from the Gateshead area, were detained after a video appeared on the internet.'

'They were arrested on suspicion of inciting racial hatred and released on bail pending further inquiries.'
BBC News - Men arrested in Gateshead over suspected Koran burning

Notice this story received wide coverage on the BBC news sites.

What's even odder is that they were charged under 'inciting racial hatred'.

Er...when did a religion get reclassified as a race, when the are many, many races of people who are Muslims?

If any other group, other than British troops, were targeted, and it was chanted they were to 'burn in Hell', you can bet your last penny they'd soon be down in the police cells, waiting to be charged.

What happenred on Thursday wasn't an anti-war protest, it was inciting hatred.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 14:27   #14
Give, give, give member

By the way, there's no law in Britain against the burning of books, as distasteful as this might be.

It is not an illegal act.

Old 14-11-2010, 14:46   #15
Give, give, give member

I certainly don't think opposing the idiots, Muslims Against Crusaders, who organised last week's poppy burning, is anti-Islamic.

They are just using the cover of religion to further their own agenda, which is to end democracy in this country.

The lack of public condemnation from our politicans doesn't suprise anyone.

Many are too lily-livered that they'd fear upsetting any minority group, and thus lose them votes.

Well wake up, because the vast majority of people, of all faiths, and none, are sick and tired of you pandering to the few.

After last week's outrageous display of anti-British sentiment, I'd be organising mass protests, showing that the greater majority of people in this country are sickened by what happened, and is happening.

Not in my name.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..