Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2011, 23:33   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimaster View Post
i say again NOT local radio but COMMUNITY radio, two very different animals
the latter is very successful in other areas and uses radio to benefit communities by providing workshops and skills training to the disadvantaged in the community. funding can be sourced based on the principals of the station and the fact that it is a community organisation.

as i said rossendale radio is the closest to us but there is also one in pendle,preston and several in manchester including the VERY successful all fm and radio regen.

radio is used as a tool to promote community engagement and can help young people,disabled people,elderly,vulnerable and the unemployed to better themselves and help the community as a whole.

so i don't believe it to be a waste of time but a potentially valuable community resource for the borough and it's residents. and advertising is out of the question as it is a none profit making organisation. I am merely trying to find out if you as members of the community would be interested in having this as a resource or getting involved with such a project
I think it's a great idea. I've worked at Preston FM which is a community based radio station, and also Preston Hospital radio, and enjoyed every minute of it.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk
phil8715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-11-2011, 23:36   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil8715 View Post
I think it's a great idea. I've worked at Preston FM which is a community based radio station, and also Preston Hospital radio, and enjoyed every minute of it.

Bee and 2br are commercial stations like Talksport and LBR which are mostly funded by commercial ads.

phil8715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:48   #18
Resting in Peace

Re: community radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
accyweb radio
This has already been tried a couple of years ago have a word with Roy
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 15:19   #19
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747 View Post

I still remember some mug pushing a bike around Accrington advertising "Hyndburn Life" website which had less members than fingers on my hands
That's where the money went!

Row flares over £591,000 spent on outdated website | Accrington Observer - menmedia.co.uk

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 00:03   #20

A mate of mine from Salford does a 1 hour show on salford fm community radio .He plays old manchester stuff,plus new manchester bands.its pre recorded though.he does it friday morn ,goes out at night,tuesday at 9 pm..Thats just music though..So is whats being said here different ? updates about the local area..so actually LIVE ? or very recent ? just wondered.

Last edited by spignific; 13-11-2011 at 00:09.
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 13:42   #21
Senior Member+

absolutely, it would be predominantly live with a variety of shows and presenters focussing on the local area and it's residents. some pre-recorded stuff would be used as fill in when there is not a live presenter.
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 13:48   #22
God Member

bee radio is based in darwen and does pretty well but they do get funded by adverts.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 13:50   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
bee radio is based in darwen and does pretty well but they do get funded by adverts.
as i said before this is a commercial station not a community station
Old 13-11-2011, 15:15   #24
God Member

my point is that some folk are saying its a waste of your effort and time but bee radio started from a flat if i recall correctly.Im sure plenty said tehy would fail with all the competition out there but it shows that with teh right presenters,content and music people wont care how big or small you are they will listen because they enjoy it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2011, 15:28   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
my point is that some folk are saying its a waste of your effort and time but bee radio started from a flat if i recall correctly.Im sure plenty said tehy would fail with all the competition out there but it shows that with teh right presenters,content and music people wont care how big or small you are they will listen because they enjoy it

now i'm on your wavelength

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..