Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2005, 16:46   #31

Re: cool jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny gem
lol i went to college with a guy who was really big!!! he came into college one day wearing a dress!!! kinda surprised the rest of us!! hes into heavy metal and used to wear black nailvarnish and eyeliner...but id never have put him in a dress!!!
prob just some new goth fashion lol one of the lads in the adelphi dressed up in a red dress and the wig etc at halloween i did have the pic but think now its up in there on show lol
Old 20-02-2005, 00:22   #32

Talking Re: cool jobs

i think the best job ever would be one where you get paid to do something fun... like review films!!! or be a taste tester for a brewery!!!
Old 20-02-2005, 01:39   #33
I am Banned

i wanna be a boob inspector

i got the hat that says i am one but currently looking for employment

Last edited by chav1; 20-02-2005 at 01:41.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2005, 06:39   #34
God Member

Spent nearly three years selling HiFi's and Video cameras. Most of teh time was spent playing with the kit listening o music.

Then I worked the Pub/restaurant game. That was good except for the crap hours and pay. You meet loads of people and have a laugh.

Now I play with computers all day. Mainly big Unix servers and Java development on WebSphere. Good pay, excellent working environment just 120 miles a day round trip commute.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2005, 08:38   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
Now I play with computers all day. Mainly big Unix servers and Java development on WebSphere. Good pay, excellent working environment just 120 miles a day round trip commute.
Wow, thats sum miles in a week, train or car?

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2005, 09:01   #36
God Member

Car(Big comfy old Saab) on LPG. +overtime + general running about at weekends means ~700 miles a week.
Old 20-02-2005, 09:15   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Car(Big comfy old Saab) on LPG. +overtime + general running about at weekends means ~700 miles a week.
Interesting, what sort of MPG do you get using LPG

Albert Einstein.

Old 20-02-2005, 10:22   #38
God Member

On Petrol it did ~32/33 on LPG it gives 24/25. I pay 33p/litre for LPG near where I work. You can get it for 29p/litre at soem Morrisons. I've been on Gas over 5 years now and I'm on my second car.

Ian
Old 20-02-2005, 10:53   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
On Petrol it did ~32/33 on LPG it gives 24/25. I pay 33p/litre for LPG near where I work. You can get it for 29p/litre at soem Morrisons. I've been on Gas over 5 years now and I'm on my second car.

Ian
So the big saving is on the cost of LPG, is there a difference in performance.

Derek

Albert Einstein.

Old 20-02-2005, 11:30   #40
God Member

Not that you would notice in everyday driving. If you stuck it on a Dyno you may find it down ~5%. This is of course on a basic system like mine(mixer not direct injection). The latest kit is superb. A friend who had his car done gets the same mpg and says it feels more powerful on gas. Having said that his kit cost a lot more than mine. However even that kit will pay for itself in just over 12 months at the sort of mileage I do.

Remember they are dual fuel. I can switch to petrol and back at a flick of a switch even whilst driving.

Ian
Old 20-02-2005, 11:59   #41

cool..... but can i drag my thread back to the original q??? a really bad job i think would be the guy who has to collect semen samples from animals,
Old 20-02-2005, 17:17   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny gem
cool..... but can i drag my thread back to the original q??? a really bad job i think would be the guy who has to collect semen samples from animals,
Sorry bout that shiny gem

Where did you find that job then

Albert Einstein.

Old 20-02-2005, 17:24   #43

lol its ok i dont mind you all going off topic i mean this is a free thought place... the job was on e tv programme ages ago!!! i was retching watching it!!! i mean ewwww who would want to??!!!
Old 20-02-2005, 17:26   #44
Senior Member+

Cool job, think mine's cool..............retired from the stress & strain December 2003, had enough of the increasing workload..............so no more "alarm clock" wake ups, do as I please when I want.

So I have a little side line, that pays for my holidays, an keeps the grey matter going, but I do the work when I want..........just cool

Albert Einstein.

Old 20-02-2005, 17:32   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrabbit
lol i want a job in an office only joking it would drive me mad i want to carry on carving stone but in a proper set up indoors and do more fancy carving which challenges me
i worked for ann summers with tinks, not too bad but not too good either, prefer testing the procucts myself , but hey went right down to working in care and still doing it now.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..