Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2025Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2020, 17:13   #1141
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Corona Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, and if it works for you then that is all that matters.
Never mentioned but ange has had it since shes been with me she missed once and had a real dose of swine flu thought she was on her way out to be honest,
Old 11-10-2020, 17:36   #1142
Beacon of light

Cashy the two of you have to do what is right for you.
Ma used to have it....even though she did not go out very much, and was not at much risk.
cashman likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2020, 10:07   #1143
God Member

think the yearly flu jab is really each to his own really. i do not have it and only had flu once years ago. do know quite a few who did get injected but have stopped due to adverse reactions.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2020, 10:24   #1144
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
think the yearly flu jab is really each to his own really. i do not have it and only had flu once years ago. do know quite a few who did get injected but have stopped due to adverse reactions.
i know someone also that stopped for that reason, but its always been ok for me and the missus.
Old 13-10-2020, 15:33   #1145

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i know someone also that stopped for that reason, but its always been ok for me and the missus.
Same with me Cashy, I was diagnosed with c.o.p.d. over thirty years ago, My missus Hazel has had kidney problems all her life; we were both advised by our G.P. to have the flu jabs when they first became available,(umpteen years ago),

We are both on the (at risk) register and have both passed the age stated in the book of the God botherers when we should by rights not be here. (three score years and ten and all that,)we have had the jab every year since, without any side effects from either of us.I am not a religious bloke as is probably evident by my above statement but thank God neither of us has had any problems.
Your's the Luddite.
cashman likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2020, 17:16   #1146
God Member

So according to these figures, last week there were 0% excess deaths in the North West but 7.2% in the South East.
But guess who gets locked down.
Madness.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 3F3134CE-F9B7-4272-BEE5-BA570D9C4102.jpeg (205.9 KB, 9 views)
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2020, 20:40   #1147
Beacon of light

Exile, you can post all the information that you like about the statistics.....very few people are interested in hearing that we are being hoodwinked.
As the man said 'it is easier to fool people than it is to convince them they are being fooled'
( attrib Mark Twain).
All an exercise in psychological control.

People believe what they want to believe.....and yes that includes me too....except I look for evidence.
nicola68 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 15-10-2020, 19:05   #1148
Senior Member+

Can someone explain this support bubble thing to me. I live with my dad and nephew currently and my girlfriend lives in nelson. I cant quite get my head around it all.
Old 15-10-2020, 20:26   #1149
Beacon of light

A bubble is the people you live with....and to be considered a bubble you must live in the same house.
Currently you would not be allowed to visit your girlfriend because she lives in another household.
A suppot bubble is someone that you may not live with but needs help with activities of living..they need support.
Ideally and to reduce the risk it should be someone who can live in the same house...especially if they come into the vulnerable category(elderly, diabetic, heart disease, asthma, or other lung problems, immune suppressed etc)...that is what I understand the 'bubble' concept to be...it is a very limited mixing of (usually) family members.
I am sure Rob, if anyone knows any different they will put me right. and let you know.
Restless likes this.
Old 16-10-2020, 07:05   #1150
Beacon of light

An update on the support bubble....you can belong to a support bubble if you help,someone who lives alone....you can go into their home.

None of this makes much sense.
These illogical rules that seem to,have no consistency mean that they are likely to be ignored.

This should be called Mushroom Government....they feed us Manure (bogus statistics that do not add up) and keep us in the dark(about the true motives of these removals of our freedoms).
I have 'Rona Fatigue'....I am tired of hearing about the doom and gloom....you cannot get away from it.
Yesterday there was a van driving around the area with an LED large screen on the side saying'You are in a HIGH RISK area.
I expected to see it being followed by a black van with speakers on it calling out 'bring out your dead'.
Ludicrous...utterly ludicrous.
Restless and monkey hanger like this.
Old 16-10-2020, 09:48   #1151
God Member

take for granted that all the figures quoted on the media from the government are totally correct then its obvious to me that the present strategy is not working. there is always more than one way to solve all problems in life and quicker this government start taking notice of many other scientists in the medical proffesion then our lives and economy might actual get back to normal. no one likes being proved wrong especially politicians.
Old 16-10-2020, 09:54   #1152
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have 'Rona Fatigue'....I am tired of hearing about the doom and gloom....you cannot get away from it.
Yesterday there was a van driving around the area with an LED large screen on the side saying'You are in a HIGH RISK area.
I expected to see it being followed by a black van with speakers on it calling out 'bring out your dead'.
Ludicrous...utterly ludicrous.
do not like to bring up WW2 again, but imagine this government and its cronies being in power in 1940. after the first bomb was dropped they,d have got the whole population in a state of utmost fear before surrending a week later. the amount of deaths and bombs dropped would be reported by the BBC in far greater numbers than even the german propaganda radio would report.
Old 16-10-2020, 10:05   #1153
Beacon of light

It is time the government came clean and started reporting NOT the number of tests(as cases), but the number of people who are actually showing symptoms that require medical intervention....except that these would be small and less significant than the numbers being bandied aboit.
MH...if this were wartime we would be getting no figures.
There was strict censorship of the carnage that went on during the wars.

Right now the Media are part of the governments armoury when it comes down to generating fear.

I am not afraid of the virus, but I am very afraid of what these authoritarian rules are doing to the population, in health and welfare and in social and economic terms.
They have annihilated the economy and there are going to be so many consequences of their ill-considered actions....following computer modelling instead of using common sense.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 16-10-2020, 10:38   #1154
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
take for granted that all the figures quoted on the media from the government are totally correct then its obvious to me that the present strategy is not working. there is always more than one way to solve all problems in life and quicker this government start taking notice of many other scientists in the medical proffesion then our lives and economy might actual get back to normal. no one likes being proved wrong especially politicians.
give oer,take for granted comments on media are correct pmsl very few comments by those cretins are ever correct,
Old 16-10-2020, 12:37   #1155
Beacon of light

It seems that Sinopharm( a Chinese Pharma company) has come up with a vaccine that is proven(allegedly) to provoke an immune response to The virus.
No surprise there then.....seeing as China patented this virus the day after it was reported to be capable of being spread to humans.....they probably had this vaccine before they released the virus.

I will away now and have another of my anti-cynical pills...it seems like my last dose has worn off.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..