Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2007, 16:24   #1

Angry Council Houses

Just read in the paper about how the government have to build more council houses..... Tell you what, instead, tell people to stop having children too young, find contraception and grow up, get a god damned education, get a career and a life... Simple.
Lea
x
ploppysirploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-06-2007, 16:30   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Council Houses

What has that got to do with building more council houses?

Probably more to do with, People cant afford to get on the property ladder and are forced to rent.
Old 19-06-2007, 16:34   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploppysirploppy View Post
Just read in the paper about how the government have to build more council houses..... Tell you what, instead, tell people to stop having children too young, find contraception and grow up, get a god damned education, get a career and a life... Simple.
Lea
x
It seems to me that she thinks all occupants of council houses are uneducated dobbers.
Seriously,I agree that the rising property prices have priced a lot of people,particularly first time buyers,out of the market.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 16:44   #4
God Member

I had an education, a career, and a child, all at the same time. I am eternally grateful that in my old age I got the chance to have a council flat.
The housing price bubble will burst soon, because they are now unaffordable for 1st time buyers (even people in well paid jobs struggle). When there is no-one at the bottom to buy, the buying chains freeze to a standstill, and prices will drop.
More 'social housing' will enable the elderly (such as me) to downsize and free up larger homes for families.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 16:45   #5
Senior Member+

Also to add I would love to live in a council house, if there was one available and in a good area.

Fair rent, much better that Private rented housing.

In this area most cheap housese are being bough by landlords, if the trend continues there will be no hope for us first time buyers.
Old 19-06-2007, 16:50   #6

Of course I don't think all occupants if council houses are what I said... But apparently there's a 2 million on the waiting list for council houses, so they have to build more.... which tax payers wil have to pay for... It wouldn't hurt to teach the generation to fend for themselves a little more instead of having hard working people paying for it
Lea
x
I'm not talking about the elderly either

Last edited by ploppysirploppy; 19-06-2007 at 16:52.
Old 19-06-2007, 16:52   #7
God Member

Quote:
Of course I don't think all occupants if council houses are what I said... But apparently there's a 2 million on the waiting list for council houses, so they have to build more.... which tax payers wil have to pay for... It wouldn't hurt to teach the generation to fend for themselves a little more instead of having hard working paying for it
Lea
x
Tenants will be paying rent - they arent free - so the cash outlay will have its returns.

Old 19-06-2007, 16:56   #8

i have worked since i waas 15 and have always payed my way iam in a council house so what you trying to say
Old 19-06-2007, 16:57   #9
Senior Member+

Someone on benefits can claim for housing benefit for any rented house, not just council houses.
Old 19-06-2007, 17:02   #10

I really don't know what I'm saying... I'll shut up... I've realised what I've said and totally got confused with things.
Nevermind, I'll get back to being a stupid teenager... :s
Old 19-06-2007, 17:03   #11
God Member

Quote:
Of course I don't think all occupants if council houses are what I said... But apparently there's a 2 million on the waiting list for council houses, so they have to build more.... which tax payers wil have to pay for... It wouldn't hurt to teach the generation to fend for themselves a little more instead of having hard working people paying for it
Lea
x
Yet another 18 year old out of reach of reality.
Is there a chip that is implanted for sale that can be purchased to come out with this rubbish?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 17:06   #12

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Quote:
Lea
x
What a load of old rubbish! I have worked for about 20 yrs and still bring up a child on about 260 pounds a week.As far as i know housing associations put up the houses then rent them out,so why are hard working people having to pay for them?
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 17:09   #13

I just told you I got my wires crossed
Old 19-06-2007, 17:09   #14
God Member

Every new generation needs something to get angry about - In my day it was 'ban the bomb'

Old 19-06-2007, 17:10   #15

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Quote:
I just told you I got my wires crossed
Sorry i hadnt read that when i posted
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..