Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2008, 10:48   #1
God Member

Crying at the TV

I find that most nights I cry at something on TV. During the Olympics I cried every time I saw the Union Jack being raised, I cry at repeats of Friends and Sex in the City, I cry buckets at documentaries like the one last week about Mandy. But nothing compares with the amount that I sobbed last night at the Jerry Springer programme, Who Do You Think You Are?

OMG, I was in floods.

Did anyone else watch it and does anyone else cry at the TV so much?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-08-2008, 10:54   #2
God Member

Re: Crying at the TV

I cry sometimes, but not that much, - but then my hormones stopped being rampant years ago

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 11:01   #3
Senior Member+

I do occasionally cry at the tv-usually at really romantic stuff, but must say i have never heard of someone crying as much as that.
The film i cried most at was ps.i love you,i have the dvd but will never watch it again because i know il cry just as much the second time round.

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 11:04   #4
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I find that most nights I cry at something on TV. During the Olympics I cried every time I saw the Union Jack being raised, . But nothing compares with the amount that I sobbed last night at the Jerry Springer programme, Who Do You Think You Are?

OMG, I was in floods.

Did anyone else watch it and does anyone else cry at the TV so much?
i watched that it was very sad iam dont normaly cry at the tv its a bloke thing we just dont do it but the jerry springer program had me in tears i found it to be a really sad and powerfull program.
mad_eye_moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 11:04   #5
Senior Member+

I dont need an excuse to cry at the moment (stupid hormones!) i was in bed listening to my ipod last night and 'its all coming back to me' by meatloaf made me cry lol

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 12:52   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_eye_moody View Post
i watched that it was very sad iam dont normaly cry at the tv its a bloke thing we just dont do it but the jerry springer program had me in tears i found it to be a really sad and powerfull program.
Blokes do cry at the tv, they just try to hide it. I do find myself crying quite often at tv programmes, the one about Mandy was a real tear jerker (her sheer grit and lack of why "me did" it for me). But missed the one about Jerry Springer, maybe it will be repeated sometime
Old 28-08-2008, 13:03   #7
Resident Waffler

I usually watch 'Who do you think you are?' but missed the Jerry Springer one. Can anybody give be a brief explanation of what was so moving?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 13:07   #8
God Member

one of my lcd tv's bust last night and i almost cried

does that count ?

getting a replacement in a few days so all is well

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 13:14   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I usually watch 'Who do you think you are?' but missed the Jerry Springer one. Can anybody give be a brief explanation of what was so moving?
Well using Gayle's parameters for crying, it probably included four slappers talking about shopping while the Union Jack is raised in the background.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 13:15   #10
God Member

You can watch it on BBCi
BBC iPlayer - Who Do You Think You Are?: Series 5: Jerry Springer

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 13:20   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
It's the programme where they trace their ancestry. Jerry Springer was born in London because his parents were Jewish migrants who escaped from Germany about two months before the second world war - most members of his family (uncles/aunts/grandparents) weren't so lucky.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 13:26   #12
Junior Member+

its repeated on bbc2 at 7pm as well iam going to watch it again so iam breaking out the hankies again lol
mad_eye_moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 15:27   #13
God Member

I'm not one for crying at the television normally.

Last time I snivelled was when Nana died in The Royle Family.

That was the best piece of television.....ever.
Old 28-08-2008, 15:31   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

not one fer slobbering, occasionally but certainly not at telly.
Old 28-08-2008, 16:04   #15
Resting in Peace

The only time I cry at TV is around Five to five on a Saturday, I cry with laughing when the Dingles have been dongled again

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..