Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2008, 14:15   #1

Cultural Awareness Seminar.

I am shortly booked to attend a Cultural Awareness seminar;has anyone ever been on one.What can I expect it to consist of?
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-05-2008, 14:36   #2
BOB

Re: Cultural Awareness Seminar.

Lamp man can you not ask your line manager they should know
BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 14:40   #3

On holiday Bob.
Old 25-05-2008, 14:40   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB View Post
Lamp man can you not ask your line manager they should know
At a guess a load of woffle, the obvious pointed out to you, maybe some silly role play exercises and at best a decent launch

Take no notice I am cynical in my old age
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 14:57   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

done loads of seminars in the past can honestly say 90% are utter garbage, as someone said, usually a good lunch, n good company makes up fer the drudge, so enjoy yer day.
Old 25-05-2008, 14:59   #6
Senior Member+

what job do you do lampman?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 15:34   #7
Passed away 25-11-09

I had to attend an Inland Revenue one a few years ago, it was just a one day thing in the conference suite in our office. There was a video followed by discussion about different cultures and customs. It wasn't particularly enlightening in that there was nothing new, it was just reinforcing messages like "don't offer a bacon sandwich to a Muslim or a Jew" and "don't tell a Rastafarian that Haile Sellasse was a funny little man from Ethiopia" (well not if you want to keep your teeth).

The coffee and biscuits were nice.
Old 25-05-2008, 15:50   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
I had to attend an Inland Revenue one a few years ago, it was just a one day thing in the conference suite in our office. There was a video followed by discussion about different cultures and customs. It wasn't particularly enlightening in that there was nothing new, it was just reinforcing messages like "don't offer a bacon sandwich to a Muslim or a Jew" and "don't tell a Rastafarian that Haile Sellasse was a funny little man from Ethiopia" (well not if you want to keep your teeth).

The coffee and biscuits were nice.
same message as me, but more diplomatic.
Old 25-05-2008, 15:56   #9

Smile Re: Cultural Awareness Seminar.

Sounds much as I expected,another string to my bow.Useful when dealing with the public at large.
I wonder if it will cover what I regard as my own culture;football,beer and page three!
Old 25-05-2008, 16:16   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampman View Post
Sounds much as I expected,another string to my bow.Useful when dealing with the public at large.
I wonder if it will cover what I regard as my own culture;football,beer and page three!
Na can't think it will Lampman thats the culture of the native Brit
Old 25-05-2008, 16:22   #11
God Member

We attend one as standard when joining the company, as stated before it is teach more awareness of other cultures way of lives, beliefs, religion etc.... I did find it very interesting and useful in my day to day work

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 16:26   #12
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
same message as me, but more diplomatic.
Ah but you got lunch. I didn't!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..