Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2007, 12:52   #16
God Member

Re: Daylight Robbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshiner View Post
My sister bought a flat screen tv and stand from bright house, about £1200 or so she thought it turns out the total is more like £2500, she missed one payment at christmas and they started to get heavy handed
now they are never off the phone telling her she can order what she wants (two faced toe rags)
Its not surprising people get into debt, thats double what she thought
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-03-2007, 13:04   #17
Senior Member+

Also to add.

The sales Pitch and Supposed credit search is a load of rubbish, the person I saw being Accepted was short on 1 piece of ID and it was a major on (The Utility Bill) and didnt give the two land line numbers they require, YET the agreement still went through.

When they where selling him the OPTIONAL cover, they WRONGLY advised him that his household insurance DIDNT cover his purchase therfore he would need it, MISTAKE and WRONG INFORMATION, MISS SELLING A PRODUCT, I did try to highlight this to the lady in question but she wouldnt have it, (little did she know I have over 10 yrs Experiance in Insurance)

Now the EXTRA cover is where the HIDDEN costs come into play. So they want it on EVERY sale.

Places like this should be make more accountable for the advise they give and make it CLEAR the FINAL cost.

Maybe one for the FSA.
Old 06-03-2007, 13:38   #18
I am Banned

Had to laugh at the adverts today - taking note of the 'clever ad targetting' making out they are brand new & easy ............... yeh easy for huge debt & crappy stuff by looks of it Gee i thought likes of shopacheck are bad [putty in my hands atm hehehehehe]
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 13:46   #19
God Member

Yeah they do try to make it look like an easy option, same as the loan ads they really annoy me. Its just unfortunate that there is a market for these kind of places.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 13:58   #20
Resting in peace

An insider once told me they would not buy anything there, they are reluctant to sell to anyone that did not take out the 'optinal insurance', it was they said imposible for anyone to buy without taking it out, two bites at the cherry with the insurace commision, a little like travel agents who rely on insurance to operate at a profit.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 15:13   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
An insider once told me they would not buy anything there, they are reluctant to sell to anyone that did not take out the 'optinal insurance', it was they said imposible for anyone to buy without taking it out, two bites at the cherry with the insurace commision, a little like travel agents who rely on insurance to operate at a profit.
Thats the one, and its Totally wrong.

The main thing that got me was the fact LIES was used to try to sell an insurance policy.

Now the FSA (Financial Service Authoritys) main keynote is ' Treating the customer fairly'.

Link to the Lap Top
http://www.brighthouse.info/products...p?id=CMACE2491

And A Quick Comparison
http://www.pricegrabber.co.uk/search...ch=acer+laptop

Taking in Mind the Brighthouse one is Reconditioned (Or should it be Repossessed).

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..