Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2006, 12:47   #1
God Member

Define "Conservation Area"

The half-wits who staff the increasingly luxurious environs of Scaitcliffe Palace are inordinately proud of the area of the town centre which encompasses the old Political Social Clubs and St James' Church.

It's a Conservation area, they will tell you should you be rash enough to suggest making any alterations or improvements. On Cannon Street, HBC has offices which house the Housing Department and their employees' private gym facilities.

Knowing all this you would think that they would be at great pains to keep the area clean and tidy...at the very least.

Have a look at the following photographs and think again!

These were all taken this morning in front of the council offices and behind the Baptist Church. If they cannot keep their own areas clean and tidy what hope is there for the rest of the borough?
Old 15-01-2006, 12:51   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Define "Conservation Area"

I'll bet that the council offices are not fined for having rubbish out before collection day....

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2006, 13:39   #3
Member.

Maybe we could ask to see there risk assessments for these areas. I would have thought that their would be a environmental risk of harbouring vermin with the carpets, settee and chair, not to mention the rubbish strewn areas providing food and shelter the all sorts of multi legged beasts.

Now then Vitty, is this not worth a few lines………..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2006, 13:58   #4
Give, give, give member

You don't happen to have the measurements of the carpet do you?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2006, 15:10   #5
God Member

Conservation areas have nothing to do with rubbish, it's about preservation or restoration from loss, damage or neglect. It means planning procedures are stricter, and they have more control. Conservation areas do not follow town centre boundaries, which could be bigger or smaller than a town centre conservation area. Town centre boundaries are often bigger than the area covered by shops too.
Rubbish like that shouldn't be anywhere, that rubbish by the bins is overflowing from the bins, are you sure they''ve been collected since christmas? If not, they need more bins.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2006, 17:09   #6
God Member

My napper where I seem to be losing a lot of insulation.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2006, 19:50   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Did you notice the wheelie bins with the lids open. I bet they still get emptied. I live in the Rhyddings Conservation area in Oswaldtwistle. I can honestly say that I have seen no conserving going on around here. I hav seen the council allowing and doing themselves things that are out of keeping with the area. I don't think HBC knows themselves what to do in conservation areas and I think they only have them because it is expected by Government.

Last edited by Neil; 15-01-2006 at 23:02. Reason: some b*****d pointed out a spelling mistake
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2006, 20:15   #8
I am Banned

lol the wheelie bin scheme definatly isnt working for HBC how can they expect it to work for us ...?

will they be fining themselves the £1000 fine they threaten average joe with or are they above their own rules

edit:

hang on the wheelie bins appear to belong to the pub but non the less they should still tidy the rest of the crap in the pictures

Last edited by chav1; 15-01-2006 at 20:18.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2006, 20:19   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
You don't happen to have the measurements of the carpet do you?
i live near by i can deliver it to you for £5 but you must provide your own drying out facilities
Old 15-01-2006, 21:45   #10
Resident Waffler

That rubbish is absolutely disgusting. Are you keeping an eye on it to see if it gets collected on "bin day" ?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2006, 21:47   #11
I am Banned

i think now its been posted on here it will be shifted
Old 15-01-2006, 21:58   #12
Resident Waffler

Well they have obviously got their act together more than in the past because I reported a pile of gunk outside next door's back door last week that had been dropped from somebody else's wheelie bin when they were emptied. The next day it had gone! All that remained was a little damp patch where it had been.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2006, 22:16   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
i think now its been posted on here it will be shifted
Yep if a certain well known guest has ead the thread it will be sorted.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2006, 22:23   #14
God Member

It's a conservation area when they decide they want to stop you from doing something neil, until that happens, anything goes that suits them
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2006, 22:29   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I lie in the Rhyddings Conservation area in Oswaldtwistle.
Honesty..................I love it
simon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..