Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2013, 22:22   #16
God Member

Re: Dill Hall Lane Traffic Lights

i was up that way around 4pm ish and there was quite alot of police with flashibng lights parked up near where the xmas tree is usually put on the left hand side

dont tell me the new light startled evryone and caused a pile up

couldnt get a good look i was going too fast to see propper and turning left so ....

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2013, 22:29   #17
Senior Member+

No, someone on a motorbike was quite badly hurt, wasn`t near the lights and I don`t know how bad. It was at the junction where dill hall lane used to go down to petrol station but is now a dead-end.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 12:10   #18

A filter on the lights coming up Henry St turning right into Hyndburn Rd could be useful too. I've sat in a queue there many a rush hour!

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 09:15   #19

Always thought it would be better with a roundabout there, with traffic signals at peak times.
Old 16-04-2013, 14:43   #20
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecrra View Post
Always thought it would be better with a roundabout there, with traffic signals at peak times.
Could you design us a Practical roundabout that would fit into the existing space?

The traffic lights could be added a couple of years later thus hiding the extra expense.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 15:05   #21

No point in a roundabout as most seem not to know what to do when they get there. Seems to be iv'e got a better car than you so i have priority these days.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 15:13   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
No point in a roundabout as most seem not to know what to do when they get there. Seems to be iv'e got a better car than you so i have priority these days.
at whitebirk anything from moorbikes to articulated waggons jump the red lights.Me and my son were nearly wiped out by a waggon and escaped death by a mere whisper .

i wish i could say it was a rare occurance but at every change of teh lights at least 3 cars or more jump red yet lancashire county council refuse to install red light cameras that will punish these morons.

before they will consider it a cetrain amount of people have to die

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 15:15   #23
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
and escaped death by a mere whisper .
I suspect I know what you whispered, but you can't get it past the swear checker on here!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 16:05   #24
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
.....before they will consider it a certain amount of people have to die
Are we allowed to decide who to kill so they will install the cameras?
Old 18-04-2013, 13:38   #25

A bit of a wander off the thread, but I have just visited the place where I was born at the bottom of Dill Hall Lane.In the old days I would come down Henry Street then up the hill past my birth place and on up to Clayton. I was completely disorientated by these traffic lights.Where was Gatty Park? Where was Steiners? Can we please have Church back as it used to be?
claytonx likes this.
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 13:41   #26
Senior Member+

To get to Gatty Park from Henry street, you turn right at the lights towards town, through some more lights at KFC and it is on your left, don`t know what/where Steiners is.
Old 18-04-2013, 13:46   #27
Senior Member+

The red lines on the map are where the old road used to run, with a dead end at manor place. Gatty Park is where the red circle is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg old church.jpg (96.6 KB, 21 views)
Old 18-04-2013, 15:36   #28
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
A bit of a wander off the thread, but I have just visited the place where I was born at the bottom of Dill Hall Lane.In the old days I would come down Henry Street then up the hill past my birth place and on up to Clayton. I was completely disorientated by these traffic lights.Where was Gatty Park? Where was Steiners? Can we please have Church back as it used to be?
Jim if you look at the Google map coming up Henry St take the turn on the left before the traffic lights and follow the road round up to the small car park. You can then walk to the canal. It is now Emersen/Renwick what used to be Steiners
claytonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 15:51   #29
Senior Member+

From ClaytonX`s description, Steiners is where the Green circle is on the attached map.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg old church.jpg (84.3 KB, 17 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..