Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2003, 19:19   #1
RhymesWithBanker

Post Dinnertime drinking...?

how do people feel about drinking, whilst at work, at dinnertime? I love it myself, a couple of pints at dinner and the afternoon flies. But lately I am finding people are hinting that i shouldn't be doing this...  I don't care what they think, they wont stop me, but - many of my friends down the pub at dinner think the same as me. Are we right?
Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2003, 20:37   #2

Post Re: Dinnertime drinking...?

If you don't care what people think, why are you asking us???
Old 31-03-2003, 06:58   #3

[smiley=alc.gif]
howey frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 18:24   #4
Junior Member+

i used to leave work at dinner time and go to a pub that was only a couple of mins round the corner, just for a "couple" and something to eat,i thought it was ok, one afternoon after coming back from the pub i had an accident with the bandsaw,now i dont go to the pub at dinnertime anymore mainly because i cant pick up my drink.
hanchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 21:29   #5
Junior Member+

Dinner time drink is a tradition, wht do people think its so wrong, we do it on weekends, why not in our lunch hour, i agree! [smiley=cheers.gif]
Old 06-04-2003, 13:05   #6
n.i.s.

now then hanchorman assuming you chopped your hands off how do you type your messages?
Old 07-04-2003, 17:00   #7
Junior Member+

[quote author=n.i.s. link=board=general;num=1048972785;start=0#5 date=04/06/03 at 14:05:34]now then hanchorman assuming you chopped your hands off how do you type your messages?[/quote]
i have a special needs monkey called spanky and is trained to type and most menial tasks,at the moment im trying to train him to fetch things from the fridge ..but he struggles due to his phisical size.

ps i might be small but im perfectly formed love spanky
hanchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 12:27   #8

You really are the sadest people I can think of. Hey why don't you hang outside M & S at lunch time with four cans of Tenants, it's cheaper than buying two pints at public house prices and think of the sun tan and healthy outdoor glow you'd  get
EzTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 12:27   #9
Junior Member+

If anybody wants to join me in a dinnertime drinking sesh, I'm at the foutains near the skate park most days, just beyond the "Alcohol Free Zone" sign.

Me and mi' mates look forward to meetin y'all. Bring some cans and meat with you.
Old 23-05-2003, 13:39   #10

since when did accy have a skate park?
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2003, 06:41   #11
Junior Member+

Is dinnertime lunchtime, dinnertime teatime or dinnertime suppertime???????
quiksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2003, 16:49   #12

who cares what time dinnertime is - drink at all dinnertimes its the only way forward
matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 21:16   #13
Senior Member+

You lot have real problem.Are you allowed to drink at work.Well when you get back to work after your dinner ' sesh' and something did happen.You do not believe that the insurance will cover it.People who need drink to live are sick
Old 10-09-2003, 23:01   #14
Accy Goddess

Sorry, Dont hold with Drinking and working. This is a high health & safety risk.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 23:04   #15
Accy Goddess

Don't like Accy, Move. Simple as.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..