Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2007, 19:47   #16
Resident Waffler

Re: Do people come on accyweb for a good arguement?

She's right. There are some American ones which move so fast your posts get lost - but that can also be down to not splitting into sub forums for different types of topic.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-06-2007, 19:54   #17
Yank in King Art's Court!

I've also noticed it takes some a while to kinda get used to what Accyweb is about. Hence I've seen members adjust how they come across.

(LOL) I remember there used to be this guy, let's call him Mr. Merlot, who was always getting himself in trouble. He seemed to relish it. Man did he used to tick people off. LOL

However, he has now become a gentle kitty kat. Sharing his message of peace, love, and understanding! So, there is hope for all eh?

Brian (chin chin) LOL LOL

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 19:58   #18
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
I've also noticed it takes some a while to kinda get used to what Accyweb is about. Hence I've seen members adjust how they come across.

(LOL) I remember there used to be this guy, let's call him Mr. Merlot, who was always getting himself in trouble. He seemed to relish it. Man did he used to tick people off. LOL

However, he has now become a gentle kitty kat. Sharing his message of peace, love, and understanding! So, there is hope for all eh?

Brian (chin chin) LOL LOL
Still drinking the stuff Brian, as you know my best work is always done with the help of good old Merlot. Who loves you baby. Chin Chin. Ian.)
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 19:58   #19
Resident Waffler

Nah, we all just got used to Mr. Grumpy and we're quite fond of him now.

Old 26-06-2007, 20:02   #20
God Member

Lol larger forums are definatly worse, and as a young student i'm a member of LOADS lol for allsorts of different things. I've recently joined a student one and there are much worse arguments going on there and you wouldnt know where to start, they have a thread for everything and anything.

I'm also part of a reptile forum and they whinge and whinge and are really difficult to explain simple things to, like why you cant steal someones dog just because you think its right

Those are my biggest two forums at the moment. The student one is massive though and hugely international, and if u think i'm an opinionated student you shout meet some of them lol. I'm quiet on forums compared to some of them!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 20:10   #21
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Lol larger forums are definatly worse, and as a young student i'm a member of LOADS lol for allsorts of different things. I've recently joined a student one and there are much worse arguments going on there and you wouldnt know where to start, they have a thread for everything and anything.

I'm also part of a reptile forum and they whinge and whinge and are really difficult to explain simple things to, like why you cant steal someones dog just because you think its right

Those are my biggest two forums at the moment. The student one is massive though and hugely international, and if u think i'm an opinionated student you shout meet some of them lol. I'm quiet on forums compared to some of them!
If these INTERNATIONAL forums are so attracive blazey, pray enlighten us rather poorly educated ageing hacks on accyweb , why you spend so much time on here.
Old 26-06-2007, 20:12   #22
God Member

None of anybodies business why I joined Accyweb and if anyone wants to disagree then just tell me
Old 26-06-2007, 20:14   #23
Resident Waffler

I'd rather have a good argument than a bad one anyway.

Old 26-06-2007, 20:16   #24
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
None of anybodies business why I joined Accyweb and if anyone wants to disagree then just tell me
I agree to dissagree.
Old 26-06-2007, 20:40   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I'm also part of a reptile forum and they whinge and whinge
What do they whinge about?...how difficult it is to catch flies with your tongue?...or the trials and tribulations of seasonal skin-shedding?
Old 26-06-2007, 20:41   #26
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
What do they whinge about?...how difficult it is to catch flies with your tongue?...or the trials and tribulations of seasonal skin-shedding?

Corker. Tried to give you karma, but I've been too generous today.

I.O.U.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 20:44   #27
God Member

Quote:
Nice one! Karma on its way
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 20:49   #28
Passed away 25-11-09

I paid for the full half hour and I only got the 5 minute argument.
Old 26-06-2007, 21:00   #29
God Member

Quote:
Lol they have an 'off-topic' thread where they whinge about the same type of stuff as this forum actually.

I dont recall saying anything about me personally feeling the student forum was more attractive either Ian, I said they are very popular as they are for STUDENTS, which is an international audience, where as Accy, isnt quite so international. If you have a problem with me please feel free to relieve yourself to me via PM, please dont try to start an argument here. Your just making yourself look desperate for action.
Old 26-06-2007, 21:03   #30
God Member

Lol and you should speak to my chameleon about catching bugs with his tongue, he always misses first time round

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..