Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2005, 21:28   #16
Member.

Re: Do you blow??????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I was suprised by Doug. He is usually early not late at coming out with something
******* Neil, you said you would never tell.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-04-2005, 21:29   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
It would have come earlier but I could bring myself to do it.....................
Trust you to lower the tone even further Doug!!!

Back to the topic - when I open a bottle of beer I tend to blow in it to get rid of the gas in there, but as for blowing on cold things... no, sorry.

This thread has reminded me of a joke - I hope you don't mind me putting it here...

A vacationing penguin is driving through Arizona and sees that the car’s oil pressure light is on. He gets out to have a look and sees oil dripping out of the motor. He drives slowly and carefully to the nearest town and stops at the first gas station.

After dropping the car off, the penguin goes for a walk around town. He sees an ice cream shop, and being a penguin in
Arizona, decides that something cold would really hit the spot. He gets a big dish of vanilla ice cream and sits down to eat. Having no hands, he makes a real mess trying to eat with his little flippers.

After finishing his ice cream, he goes back to the gas station and asks the mechanic if he’s found the problem. The mechanic looks up from the engine and says, “it looks like you’ve blown a seal.”

“No, no,” the penguin replies, wiping his mouth, “it’s just ice cream.”

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2005, 21:32   #18
Member.

Nice one vorlon, and you say I lower the tone……..lol

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2005, 21:34   #19
Senior Member+

Well, if you can't beat them, join them!!!

Old 17-04-2005, 23:10   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

fibi is your mate on owt?seem to remember people doing very strange things in the 60s,they were definately on summat.
Old 18-04-2005, 05:10   #21
God Member

Not here either. In fact I prefer stuff red hot as well. Brews must be drunk within a couple of minutes of being made or they are too cold.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2005, 06:49   #22
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Never heard of anyone blowing ice cream Fibi. Maybe it's just a quirky little foible your friend has developed without realising.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2005, 09:30   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

lettie whats a foible?(numpty)
Old 18-04-2005, 09:38   #24
Senior Member+

foible means the same as idiosyncrasy, or quirk/peculiarity

Old 18-04-2005, 10:14   #25
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Definition

foible -

a small weakness or foolish habit that is seen as harmless and unimportant

We all have our little foibles.
Old 18-04-2005, 13:33   #26
Senior Member+

I dont believe none of you have ever blown ice-cream!!

It my have something to do with it hurting your mouth with it being so cold your reaction is to blow, your mind tells you that when something usually hurts your mouth its the burning of something hot, but coz we dont eat ice-cream very often your minds reaction to something hurting your mouth even though it is cold would be to blow it to stop it from hurting.

Hey ive quite impressed myself with that explaination, and i think you should send your mate down here to Preston you lot born from Accrington must be rather strange (Only Joking before you all come down on me like a ton of bricks). lol

Last edited by MUMMIBOO; 18-04-2005 at 13:35. Reason: I missed an ending ) Sorry.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2005, 13:42   #27
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
fibi is your mate on owt?seem to remember people doing very strange things in the 60s,they were definately on summat.
I remember a friend of mine trying to blow on her own nose because she felt hot!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2005, 13:45   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

ta for the definitions, i presumed it meant summat like that but as i had never heard of foible i thought ask! p.s. i am the weakest link lol.
Old 18-04-2005, 13:55   #29
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
ta for the definitions, i presumed it meant summat like that but as i had never heard of foible i thought ask! p.s. i am the weakest link lol.
I did not know either. I just did a google search of 'define foible'
Old 18-04-2005, 16:18   #30
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I did not know either. I just did a google search of 'define foible'
Hehehehe.... I only knew because I have plenty of them..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..