Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2005, 14:16   #1
God Member

Do you feel safer???

The head of Accrington Police, Inspector Julian Platt, (who looks far to young to be in charge of a Police Station if you ask me) has announced that recorded crime saw a fall across the borough in the last year of 7.3% or 700 fewer crimes.

How does this announcement equate with members personal experiences, do you all feel safer in your homes and on the streets?
Old 24-06-2005, 14:30   #2
I am Banned

Re: Do you feel safer???

if anything the numbers have fallen because people cant be bothered reprting crimes anymore because either no one turns up or if caught the buggers get off with light scentences if any
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 14:44   #3
Resident Waffler

I agree with that. The relevant word is "reported" it doesn't mean there actually were fewer crimes. That's why I think we should report everything even if we know they won't catch the criminals but it does stop them getting complacent.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 14:48   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree entirely,a lot of people just won't waste their time reporting a lot of things nowadays cos in many cases the response time,if they respond at all! is ridiculous.
Old 24-06-2005, 15:02   #5
God Member

What is an Inspector doing in charge of Accy Nick? Whatever happened to the Super?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 15:09   #6

What a joke!!! Thats all I have to say...
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 15:22   #7
Resident Waffler

Well we got a response. We got a Home Office leaflet!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 18:30   #8
God Member

"There are three kinds of Lies: Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics."

Leonard Henry Courtney 1895, though often mis-attributed to Disraeli
Old 24-06-2005, 18:37   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
Inspector Julian Platt, (who looks far to young to be in charge of a Police Station if you ask me)
It has often been said your acrylicness (if that's the correct word), that 'tis a sign of advancing years and imminent senility when members of the constabulary start looking too young.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 18:42   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myself
It has often been said your acrylicness (if that's the correct word), that 'tis a sign of advancing years and imminent senility when members of the constabulary start looking too young.
Having said that I'd like to bet if he ever pulled you up he would address you as "sonny". To which the stock reply has to be "Yes dad."

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 19:45   #11
I am Banned

i dunno i think AB has a point as far as appearences of coppers goes

i have seen plenty of coppers about that if i was been attacked i would rather them keep out of it because i would end up having to save them

sorry but i think this european equal rights for all has been detrimental to the police force and altough size dosnt always matter i have to wonder how half of the poilice force never end up dialing 999 to get themselves saved
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2005, 19:56   #12
Give, give, give member

I never used to be able to see the top of a copper's helmet. Now they let lickle ones dress up, l've looked at quiet a few.

Can't speak how crimes have changed here recently, just that l feel a hell of a lot safer here than l did on the streets of London and Glasgow.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2005, 09:12   #14
God Member

Don't expect any quick responses for a while - they're all too busy with the murder investigation. It's taken them two weeks to declare it was a murder investigation so how long will it take them to solve it?
Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2005, 09:16   #15

I don't feel safer I feel safeless(?) but wonder if it's because I'm getting older. Once of a day (showing age) you could tell kids off and they would move, or stop whatever it was you didn't like now they give you mouthfuls of abuse & are likely to come back wreck your car or put your windows through
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..