Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2003, 04:58   #1

Post Dodgy Holidays

Don't be fooled by this residents of Accrington, Great Harwood, Blackburn and Clitheroe

Theres, a lad in Great Harwood selling cheap holidays, to cheap is the word. He started a company called ****** ***** - aka ****** *****.

He guarantees he can get you anywhere in the world for a few hundred quid. For example a business class ticket to Austrailia should cost around 4000 quid he his knocking them out at 400 quid thats 90% off.

Beware he obtaining Till rolls from the petrol garage next to express gifts on henry street church, which contain most of your credit/debit card numbers.

If anyone as used this garage, and had several charges to there card for a variety of expensive things, please go to Accrington Police station or phone them on 01254 382141 and ask for PC Butterworth, and state you wish to make a statement against ****** *****.

Hes made hundreds of thousands from using your cards. Hes got the talent to get of with by blaming other people. Nows the time for the public to get involved and put a stop to this.
news2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2003, 05:54   #2
Forum Admin

Post Re: Dodgy Holidays

Sorry, you can't be making accusations like that on here. It may well be true but naming names like that on a public forum is probably not legal, and I don't wanna get into trouble. I know I and most of the users on here are not stupid enough to think a business class ticket to Australia can be bought for £400 legitimately. I appreciate the warning but this is a matter for the police to sort out. And about the garage, I work next to it and that did happen once about 2 years ago and all staff that where involved were fired immediately(and had police charges brought against them) and if there was any evidence someone was doing it again I am sure that they would be sacked straight away. The police are pretty good at tracking credit card fraud these days.

And why you had to post it in nearly every folder I just don't know, but it doesn't help your cause.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:35   #3
Senior Member+

Slightly disagree there Roy as there is a Tel. Nr there teling you to get in touch with the police and who to get in touch with.However if you put a notice up saying you are not responsible for the contents of the postings you are legally out of it.After all the Political Party Broadcasts can do it.
Old 06-09-2003, 21:50   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
However if you put a notice up saying you are not responsible for the contents of the postings you are legally out of it.
All them GCSEs and so much missinformation

Cases have already been tried in courts of law. Demon internet a few years ago got there fingers burnt and a website in scotalnd can't recall the name.. The jist of it all being that you can't say its not your fault when your storing the information on your server for others to read.. you store and show it.. then your responsible no matter who posted it..

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 07:17   #5
Senior Member+

Thenhow come the television companies get away with it when they are showing live.After all how can any company be expected to know every detail on their servers.Impossible.You would need a great number of staff to be reading every e - mail that was posted.Would check under the EEC Rulings about that.But you would more than rightly be correct
Old 09-09-2003, 07:47   #6
I am Banned

This is how it happens

Someone breaks a copyright law or publishes somehting illegal on a web site or a messageboard.

Someone complains to the owner of the server.

The owner then removes or faces prosecution.

All Roy is doing is removing it before he gets into trouble

Thus the owner of the server doesnt need to know every scrap of info or need extra staff... The cases that did go to court dealt with holding such information after being made aware of it.. Once your aware of it then it aint hard to find..

You sure you have all them GCSEs?
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 14:10   #7
Roy
Administrator

You've got to be careful out there - we don't have the freedom that many people think that we have.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..