Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2007, 08:45   #1

Does anybody care

Does anybody out there really care that Prince William and Kate Middleton have split up. It seems to me that the news stations are scraping the bottom of the barrel for a news story. It really really annoys me that there is all this hype over a twenty year old kid that has split from his girlfriend.

WHO GIVES A CRAP.

I am going to have to lie down now before my head explodes.
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-04-2007, 08:51   #2

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Re: Does anybody care

Personally i dont give a toss about the royal family,they are just like us but behave worse.
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 09:03   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwich stanley View Post
Personally i dont give a toss about the royal family,they are just like us but behave worse.
i completley agree. Get them out thats what i say. There are people in this country living in poverty. That shouldn't be happening in Britain these days. They should share their money a bit and give the people they pretend to care about a bit more of a fighting chance.
Old 19-04-2007, 09:06   #4
I am Banned

Why post about it then if u dont care & presumably nobody else cared either to post it

Prince Willy is experiencing many what us meare yorkles go thro in life just his is more hyped up & granny controlled
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 09:11   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Why post about it then if u dont care & presumably nobody else cared either to post it

Prince Willy is experiencing many what us meare yorkles go thro in life just his is more hyped up & granny controlled
just venting my spleen accymel, thats all, can't really do that with a two year old child!
Old 19-04-2007, 09:14   #6
God Member

I am republican and I care. I would have liked to see the next king marry a middle class commoner -it might bring an end to the monarchy - suppose that's why 'granny' intervened.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 09:20   #7
I am Banned

Well it worked for Cinderella & prince Charming MargaretR

Nowt wrong with commoners we're better just poorer LOL!!!!
Old 19-04-2007, 09:28   #8

The point i was originally trying to make was that the news was completley dominated by this story. Was it really that news worthy considering all the other stuff that is going on in the world,i think not. Just interested in what everyone else thought.
Old 19-04-2007, 09:38   #9
Give, give, give member

I don't care one way or the other. However, what does sadden and anger me is the reported snobbery of the friends of Prince William's friends, regarding Kate Middleton being seen as from a lower class.

Apparently saying 'doors to manual' every time they saw Kate, referring to her mother's job as an air hostess, is pathetic. She has parents who actually work for a bloody living, whoopie do. Most of the chinless wonders William hangs out with, such as Guy Pelling, couldn't work out if they were constipated, never mind actually work for a living.

Sadly William seems to have more of his father in him than his late mother.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 09:42   #10
I am Banned

True point Rindy, gee i couldnt talk to them silver spooners for too long my common gob would get the better of me
Old 19-04-2007, 09:47   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I don't care one way or the other. However, what does sadden and anger me is the reported snobbery of the friends of Prince William's friends, regarding Kate Middleton being seen as from a lower class.

Apparently saying 'doors to manual' every time they saw Kate, referring to her mother's job as an air hostess, is pathetic. She has parents who actually work for a bloody living, whoopie do. Most of the chinless wonders William hangs out with, such as Guy Pelling, couldn't work out if they were constipated, never mind actually work for a living.

Sadly William seems to have more of his father in him than his late mother.
good point Garinda, if you ask me she is well out of it. She would probably go down the same slippery slope Princess Diana did.
Old 19-04-2007, 10:00   #12
God Member

This may be considered off topic but whilst we are on the monarchy topic -
I think it is bit ominous that Harry is going to Iraq.
We will have to wait and see.
I suppose it will be easier for MI5.(in keeping the 'bloodline' pure)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 11:26   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
The point i was originally trying to make was that the news was completley dominated by this story. Was it really that news worthy considering all the other stuff that is going on in the world,i think not. Just interested in what everyone else thought.

Interesting point because the news often winds me up with it's attention to whats going in the rest of the world while our domestic stories get relegated to the 'and finally' spot. On the rare occasion our domestic news is headline stuff it usually involves the fact a member of the royal family or politician is/is not having it off with somebody.

Mind you I suppose we get variation unlike the States where the news programmes don't even know the rest of the world exists.
Old 19-04-2007, 11:27   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
This may be considered off topic but whilst we are on the monarchy topic -
I think it is bit ominous that Harry is going to Iraq.
We will have to wait and see.
I suppose it will be easier for MI5.(in keeping the 'bloodline' pure)
I think you might be getting an organised visit to the Tower for that

As for royal blood being pure, it's probably more mongrel than a lot of us
Old 19-04-2007, 11:53   #15

Can't complain, money for the country.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..