Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2004, 12:14   #1

Does anyone know this woman?

This may belong in the Lost/Found persons section, but I would like as many people to see it as possible.
Does anyone know a Mary Flood who is currently pregnant? Last year we got a Christmas card for her from someone called "Dorothy". Yesterday I recieved an ultrasound appointment for her and a Christmas card from Dorothy again (who is probably REALLY annoyed at not getting one back two years ina row). They have got my address exactly, its just that a Mary Flood has never lived at my address ever. She is married to a J Flood if that helps anybody.
I'll leave this up for a day or so, then I will ring the ultrasound dept at QPH to let them know that Mary hasn't recieved her notification for her appointment. It would be nice to let her know she has got the appointment, because I know that its a pain trying to get another one up there.
If anyone could help, it would be appreciated.
Old 09-12-2004, 14:01   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Does anyone know this woman?

Is there an address similar to yours where she may perhaps live - Road instead of Street maybe, or a 1 missed off the number (like 35 instead of 135). I've had the latter a few times myself so that's what made me think of it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 16:46   #3

Yeah, we already tried those options and no joy. Thanks anyway Willow.
Old 09-12-2004, 17:49   #4
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I'll ask around, where in Hyndburn do you live ie church, ossy etc. It will help me track down her GP and Midwife team. I no longer work on district so it may take me some time. A better alternative would be to ring the ultrasound dept on 293929 and tell them that the woman doesn't live there. The appointments staff will contact the community teams, who will be able to find her (believe me, a large percentage of our time and tax payers money is spent trying to find people who don't give us correct addresses, can't be bothered to attend appointments, move house and don't tell us)

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 19:34   #5

I'll ring the ultrasound dept Lettie, no need for you to go to any trouble, but thanks.
It just occured to me that she might not be pregnant - people go for US scans for other things don't they?
Old 09-12-2004, 20:16   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

You've got a point there Pixie..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 20:46   #7
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I work with a Danny Flood, I will ask him if it's a relation if you want?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 21:19   #8
Always EVIL within us

Talking Re: Does anyone know this woman?

There are 5 entries for Mr. J Flood in the phone book, try them?
Old 10-12-2004, 19:04   #9

Thanks people.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..