Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2010, 01:01   #1
God Member

does anyone remember..

does anyone remember listening to an interview either on the radio or on tv with tony blair where he said without no qualms that he would have invaded iraq no matter wether they found weapons of ass destruction or not.

i only ask because his ex spin doctor has goven evidence today saying that tony blair would not have invaded iraq without evidence of weapons of ass destruction and that to say other wise was totaly wrong.

i forgetthe idiots name but he must be the only person in teh uk that didnt hear tony blair gobbing off about how he woulda invaded iraq regardless of what was or wasnt found

i hope this enquiry leads to blair swinging from a bloody rope then we will have a set of two evil doctators swinging by the neck

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-01-2010, 01:04   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: does anyone remember..

It was Alistair Campbell, interviewed today.

You can't trust him, he's a Dingles fan.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 01:07   #3
Give, give, give member

What I don't understand is why Blair isn't going to be questioned until after the General Election.

He isn't in office, only fannying around, saving the world, and earning millions. So I can't see any just reason at all whist his appearance is being delayed until perhaps June.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 03:54   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

He is only fannying around, saving the world,
cor blimey guv.. since when has fannying around been war crime?.you'd have been up at the Hague years ago
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 06:37   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
What I don't understand is why Blair isn't going to be questioned until after the General Election.
That's obvious mate. The Government don't want him to make Labour look bad.
Old 13-01-2010, 07:29   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well after watching approx 2 hrs of Alister campbell yesterday in the inquiry, i now know were Rory Bremner gets his material fer "Bremner,Bird,n Fortune" the dingle was definately the tall guy wi grey hair.
Old 13-01-2010, 08:26   #7
Junior Member+

I thought that TB said 'he' would have gone into remove Saddam anyway AFTER WOMaD were NOT found. He was rewriting history to protect his future personal fortune and speaking engagements in USA. There is a snow flake's difference between 'spin' and a deliberate attempt to be 'economical with the truth'.
expatcheshirelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 08:41   #8
Super Moderator

One thing that came out of yesterday's events was the revelation that Blair wrote to Bush saying that Britain "would be there" if the yanks chose to invade. What a pity he didn't bother to tell Parliament or us first.

The whole thing just emphasises the present government's obsession with spin and manipulation...not a sound basis on which to invade a country.

Perhaps we could have some comments from local Labour councillors on this...or will it be the usual craven silence?
Old 13-01-2010, 09:21   #9
Resting in Peace

I remember him saying that about removing Saddam, why it sticks in my mind is his forked tongue lashing at the camera
Old 13-01-2010, 14:26   #10

"That's obvious mate. The Government don't want him to make Labour look bad."

Do they need any help in doing that?
webglynne is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..